45-110 Shiloh Sharps Long Range Express Info Please

MDM
PostsCOLON 8
JoinedCOLON Sun May 01, 2011 11:31 am

45-110 Shiloh Sharps Long Range Express Info Please

Post by MDM » Fri May 06, 2011 12:53 pm

I listed this in the classifieds for a friend. He bought it 14 years ago. It's still NIB and unfired. We really have no idea what it might be worth today? Any help would be great.
45-110 Shiloh Sharps Long Range Express with 34" barrel. I heard that there is very long wait for one of these new from the factory, but don't know how true that is. Any help with what a fair price would be?
Last edited by 1 on MDM, edited 0 times in total.

DRCook
PostsCOLON 473
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:25 pm

Re: 45-110 Shiloh Sharps Long Range Express Info Please

Post by DRCook » Fri May 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Shilohs tend to hold their value, so you could get on Shiloh's site and price out an equivalent optioned one.

One fact that you should mention is if the Serial Nbr has a "B" as either a suffix or prefix. That would denote the current owners. Their guns are of a little higher quality and are more desireable.

If not a "B" gun, it still should have been made in Big Timber and the later production ones of the prior owner are decent quality also.
drcook = david r, not dr. but thanks for the compliment :)

MDM
PostsCOLON 8

Post by MDM » Fri May 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Serial # B53xx MFG. Big Timber, Montana

DRCook
PostsCOLON 473

Post by DRCook » Fri May 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Here is their website http://www.shilohrifle.com/

figure out the options and start from that price. I wouldn't sell it for anything less than a 100 or 2 less than what the current price is. Don't forget to figure in Federal Excise Tax to their figures.

if you priced it at the website price and didn't figure in FET, then due to price increases, it would be close to what was paid for it originally, but if it was me, I would start at current price + FET

my friend just sold his Shiloh and broke even for total out of pocket cost

MDM
PostsCOLON 8

Post by MDM » Fri May 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks for the help. We looked at the site, but the problem is, we don't know what most of the options mean and if his rifle has the options or not. From what we can tell, it would have the upgrade of AA finish and atleast $400 worth of sights. We don't know if we are missing something or not. Does the wood look special? like semi-fancy? We will get some better pics in the sunlight.

Also, what is the Fed Excise tax rate?

DRCook
PostsCOLON 473

Post by DRCook » Fri May 06, 2011 6:21 pm

All you have to do is call and ask the ladies in the office. Seeing as it is one of their guns, ie:

# B53xx , the "B" guns, they will have a record of it. They will be able to tell you all the options and what the FET rate is

MDM
PostsCOLON 8

Post by MDM » Fri May 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Thanks.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY