Pedersoli Sharps 1874 45-70 chamber drawing

Etienne Brule
PostsCOLON 63
JoinedCOLON Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:36 pm
LocationCOLON Quebec city Canada

Pedersoli Sharps 1874 45-70 chamber drawing

Post by Etienne Brule » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi,

I just cerrosafe the chamber of my Pedersoli Sharps 1874. I am wondering what would like the chamber drawing ??

Anybody would you have a drawing of the chamber w/ dimensions & angles for your 45-70 that you could email me?

My fired brass seem to be too short with Remington and Starline brass.

Best regards

Thank you

Etienne Brule

Arnie
PostsCOLON 324
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:25 pm
LocationCOLON Lodi,Ca.

Re: Pedersoli Sharps 1874 45-70 chamber drawing

Post by Arnie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:31 pm

I think you will find all chambers are slightly longer than spec and cases will be shorter than spec .This protects against bad reloading practices that could cause dangerous high presures .A guy that goes by Montana Charlie makes a machine to stretch 45 cases to fit your chamber .Works great.My 45/70 is 2.115 long and most new brass isnt even 2.1 long and after firing is even shorter .Arnie

montana_charlie
PostsCOLON 1413
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:35 pm
LocationCOLON West of Great Falls, Montana

Re: Pedersoli Sharps 1874 45-70 chamber drawing

Post by montana_charlie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Thanks for the plug, Arnie.
Rick Kalynuik and I are in contact with Etienne Brule, and working to satisfy his requirements.

Etienne Brule,
I was given the dimensions of a Pedersoli chamber while in contact with Dick Trenk.
In a conversation with Tom Myers (a software creator) he agreed to turn those written dimensions into a 'picture' of the Pedersoli chamber.
It is here http://www.tmtpages.com/LinkSkyImages/f ... Barrel.gif

This is a 'picture' of that same chamber, holding a cartridge loaded with the Pedersoli-Gunn-Trenk (PGT) bullet.
http://www.tmtpages.com/LinkSkyImages/f ... 00_Rot.Jpg

CM
Retired...twice. Now, just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY