G' day from S.A.

Items of primary interest to the new BPCR shooter. Loading, BP SAFETY, sources of materials, rifles, etc.
Singleshot S.A.
PostsCOLON 83
JoinedCOLON Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 pm
LocationCOLON Adelaide. Sth Oz.

G' day from S.A.

Post by Singleshot S.A. » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi all, I'm new here.
Just a quick note to say g'day, and thank you for allowing me to participate in this great forum for Black Powder Cartridge Shooters.
We live in Adelaide, South Australia, have a Black Powder Club 15 minutes away and enjoy it immensely.
I have been shooting black for about 12 years now, but only ventured into Cartridge about 3 years ago, with a Martini actioned 32/40.
Had some ups and downs with it, decided to stick to modern (mostly) with it mainly due to the action, and went out and started looking for a
more suitable candidate. Purchased a (cheapy, tampered with) Pedersoli Sharps, 38/55, and now also a Pedersoli Rolling block in 40/65.
Having some mild success, but look forward to some questions soon. haha.
Anyway,..... G' day all, Singleshot S.A.
The Martini.

montana_charlie
PostsCOLON 1413
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:35 pm
LocationCOLON West of Great Falls, Montana

Re: G' day from S.A.

Post by montana_charlie » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:49 pm

Howdy.

I didn't know that Pedersoli built any Sharps rifles in 38-55.
There was so much dinkin' around over choosing a chamber style for the (then new) 38-55 Highwall, it seemed like they had never had a 38-55 reamer, of any description, inside the plant.

Live and learn, I guess ...

Anyway, welcome aboard.

CM
Retired...twice. Now, just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Singleshot S.A.
PostsCOLON 83
JoinedCOLON Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 pm
LocationCOLON Adelaide. Sth Oz.

Post by Singleshot S.A. » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi Charlie, thanks for the welcome,
No I don't think they did make 38/55 with a Sharps action, but as stated, (cheapy tampered with) this has been rebarreled with a new
half round barrel and fitted with a home made fore end. The timber work is a bit 'ordinary' to say the least but with a rifle like that, I'm not frightened to get it out and shoot it. 1:20 twist, where I think 18 is the norm ?
Anyway, I'm trying hard to get a load for it. S/S S.A.

bruce moulds
PostsCOLON 85
JoinedCOLON Mon May 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Post by bruce moulds » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:07 am

singleshotsa
I also come from s.a. just out of Adelaide.
if you are interested in long range, send me a pm.
there is also a small but healthy sil group around Adelaide.
and of course the Hahndorf rifle club has the invitational coming up on nov 28, and the kingship on dec 19.
there are 2 practices prior to the kingship.
I shoot from 300 to 900 meters at lower light, and out to 1000 yd/900 meters at other sara clubs.
keep safe,
bruce moulds.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY