wiping instead of blow tube

Items of primary interest to the new BPCR shooter. Loading, BP SAFETY, sources of materials, rifles, etc.
rfd
PostsCOLON 26
JoinedCOLON Fri May 01, 2015 4:39 pm
LocationCOLON nor'east
CONTACTCOLON

Re: wiping instead of blow tube

Post by rfd » Mon May 04, 2015 9:36 am

gotta make one, thanx again!

Brent
PostsCOLON 1718
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Post by Brent » Mon May 04, 2015 9:47 am

They are not so easy or cheap to make as you might think. The man that invented them (and now holds a patent on them) is a member of this forum. With luck, he just might drop you an email or add a post to this thread.

Show yourself, Paul!

:)
I'm not from here, I just live here.

kokomokid
PostsCOLON 84
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by kokomokid » Tue May 05, 2015 8:42 am

Brent do you have a good source for the GOOD arsenal patches? I am almost out. LB

Kurt
PostsCOLON 670
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:05 am

Post by Kurt » Tue May 05, 2015 8:57 am

There must be a difference in Arsenal patches. The patches I have are on the thin side. Even using a 45 jag in my .44 rifle the fit is very loose that I have to double them.
Kurt
"Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining."
Teddy Roosevelt.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1718

Post by Brent » Tue May 05, 2015 9:06 am

I have no source for GOOD arsenal patches. Some folks have a stash for themselves and the rest of us suffer. I have washed, straightened and stacked several thousand to be used a second time, but that's all I have. Then it is on with the new ones. Paul, if he would sign in here, had some "custom made" patches. Not cheap but sounds like they work really well.

Maybe we should talk him into making square Patch Poppers so we can use more conventional or home-cut patches?

Kurt
PostsCOLON 670

Post by Kurt » Tue May 05, 2015 9:22 am

I just went to Wal Mart and got 4 yards of Cotton Flannel for $3.69 a yd and cut 2" patches. It took about 1-1/2 hours to cut a shopping bag full using a roller cutter. God snug fit through the bore.
I don't know if you can use them in a patch popper or not. Maybe if you have a square tube instead of a round one :D

Kurt
Teddy Roosevelt.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1718

Post by Brent » Tue May 05, 2015 9:25 am

Paul has talked about making square poppers long ago, but sourcing the material is probably the sticking issue.

Kurt
PostsCOLON 670

Post by Kurt » Tue May 05, 2015 10:22 am

Square tube plastic might be. I might still have 2" aluminum out in the shed. Cost might be a little higher but I would think it would work just as well.
Maybe the flannel would stick together when the brush picks it up ?????????
Teddy Roosevelt.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1718

Post by Brent » Tue May 05, 2015 10:43 am

I think the flannel will be fine. I have stuffed my poppers with flannel patches and had no problems. Mine uses bronze brushes, but they could be built with nylon brushes that might be better for some materials - like the NuevoCrappy Arsenal patches.

Moezingo
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:21 pm
LocationCOLON KalFornnia

Post by Moezingo » Tue May 05, 2015 3:48 pm

HI EVERY ONE THOUGHT I'D RING IN ON THE PATCH POPPER.BUT FIRST ABOUT PATCHES I HAD 60,000 1 7/8" DIA. PATCHES THAT ARE MADE FROM 100% COTTON WITH A VERY HIGH THREAD COUNT.THEY ARE PRICED AT $20 per thousand or 2400 for $40.i will be selling them at the nationals .if the response is good i will put an order in for 500,000. i finally received my patent certificate last week. if you have questions you can reach me at moezingo@yahoo.com or call me at 714-719-9090 .my typing skills are limited . hope to see and meet some of ya at the nationals. Paul

Michael Rix
PostsCOLON 61
JoinedCOLON Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:37 am
LocationCOLON Western Colorado

Post by Michael Rix » Tue May 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Hey Paul! I remember you telling me about the new cotton patches when we shot together last month in AZ ....Hmmm OK . two months ago. I want to get a good look at the new patches and pick up a $40 bag - You will be at Raton in September? That beats postage, plus I get to see you there! :D
Michael in Western Colorado

kokomokid
PostsCOLON 84
JoinedCOLON Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by kokomokid » Wed May 06, 2015 7:02 am

Paul, Can you post a picture of your patches? Do they look like what Brent has in his poppers? LB

Moezingo
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:21 pm
LocationCOLON KalFornnia

Post by Moezingo » Wed May 06, 2015 9:25 pm

HEY KOKOMOKID ENVISION HIGHTHREAD COUNT COTTON MATERIAL CUT 360 DEGREE FULL CIRCLE 1 7/8" PUSHED THRU YOUR BORE WITH THE APPROPIATE SIZED JAG AS THE ULTEMET PERFORMANCE ONE CAN IMAGINE. PLEASE EXCUSE THE TYPE O"S ON MY DESCRIPTION AS I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SEND PIX"S. I"AM WILLING TO SEND YOU A SAMPLE TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS THAT THERES A NEW KID IN TOWN RESPECTIVELY MOEZINGO AKA PAUL 714 719 9090 LIKE TO HERE FROM YOU.

paravil
PostsCOLON 11
JoinedCOLON Sun May 03, 2015 7:55 am

Post by paravil » Wed May 20, 2015 1:57 am

Shooting here in Germany, I´ve found that most people use these: http://www.waffenpflege-shop.de/vfg-fil ... niger.html. They are felt cylinders, available cut to most of the different calibres with a hole in the middle to fit a scew on attachment. They´re cheap and work really well.
vfg-filzpfreiniger-laufreiniger.jpg
vfg-filzpfreiniger-laufreiniger.jpg (12.46 KiB) Viewed 5273 times

Singleshot S.A.
PostsCOLON 98
JoinedCOLON Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 pm
LocationCOLON Adelaide. Sth Oz.

Post by Singleshot S.A. » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:17 pm

rbertalotto wroteCOLONJust ordered a bunch of stuff from Steve at arizonasharpshooters.com.

I asked him how I should pay and he said he'd send all the stuff with an invoice and I could send him a check after I receive it!

I love this about the shooting sports! Folks trust folks! I do this with my 17HMR bore guides that I sell, but they are only $20.....although I've NEVER been burnt, if I was, it is only $20.

Steve sent me over $100 of goods! Derin rods, Delrin jags, Patch dispensers,
Thanks for turning me on to another first class supplier for our "habit"........ :D
Hey guys, I know the above was written a couple of years ago but I just wanted to say this...... I ordered 2 molds from Leo at Boomers Molds in Canada. He sent me both molds but an invoice for only 1. Try before you buy. No way would you get this service in Australia where everything is ' pay up front '. Thanks Leo Bumphrey .

BUTTON_POST_REPLY