Globe Front Sights: Long or Standard?

Items of primary interest to the new BPCR shooter. Loading, BP SAFETY, sources of materials, rifles, etc.
Dan97526
PostsCOLON 13
JoinedCOLON Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:35 pm

Globe Front Sights: Long or Standard?

Post by Dan97526 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:23 am

I'm outfitting my first BPCR for metallic silhouette. I've settled in on Kelley sights. Kelley makes a long tube globe front sight as well as a standard length. Per Kelley, the long tube "enhances the sight picture and shades the spirit level completely." Does anyone have experience that supports that?

This is a minor concern, there's only $30 difference in cost and, compared to the utterly sickening amount of money I've already spent getting set up for this game, $30 is scarcely noticeable. :( I think I find the standard length a little more aesthetically pleasing so I'm leaning that way, but if there's a tangible benefit to the long tube I wish to take that into consideration.

Thanks,
Dan

Brent
PostsCOLON 1700
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Re: Globe Front Sights: Long or Standard?

Post by Brent » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:00 pm

Dan, when I shoot Lodi, esp. in the fall, the sun comes up directly behind us and is a real PITA. I don't know if even the long Kelly tube would solve that problem but most of us slide a cut off 20 gauge shotshell over our sights (I use Distant Thunder), and that solves the problem .
I'm not from here, I just live here.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY