New member saying hello

Items of primary interest to the new BPCR shooter. Loading, BP SAFETY, sources of materials, rifles, etc.
Muzzlestuffer
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:16 pm

New member saying hello

Post by Muzzlestuffer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:00 pm

Hey guys I'm anxiously waithing for my new c-sharps bridgeport rifle in 45-90 should be ready in a couple three months. Luckily I have a great mentor here at my shooting range here in Arizona he wins just about everything thing he enters ! I'll have a lot to get done to start shooting I'm planning on paper patch ammo btw I am looking for some new Norma 45-120 brass which can be cut to match my chamber. Will start reading up on this site I'm sureci can learn a lot !
MS

Brent
PostsCOLON 1678
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Re: New member saying hello

Post by Brent » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:25 pm

Were I you, I would order up some Starline brass, bank the money you save in the stock market (a buyer's dream), and the time you save in additional range time. But WELCOME! And best of luck with your new rifle. Nothing like a new gun to brighten up your day.

Where in AZ?
I'm not from here, I just live here.

Muzzlestuffer
PostsCOLON 3

Post by Muzzlestuffer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:50 am

I live in gilbert and my shooting range is the rio salado. It's my understanding the norma is thicker than the starline brass ?
MS

Brent
PostsCOLON 1678
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Post by Brent » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:16 am

Gilbert is just down the road about 5 miles from me. Probably not the same Gilbert.

I don't know which is thicker. Thickness may be a negative or a positive depending on your chamber and intended bullet.

What are you going to shoot in it and with it?
I'm not from here, I just live here.

Premod70
PostsCOLON 102
JoinedCOLON Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Premod70 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:13 am

Welcome, before I would invest in any great amount of brass I would find four or five pieces of whats available on the market and give each a try. Plenty of trail and error in finding what a new rifle likes and that goes for molds, bullet types, primers, etc. Lucky for you that you have a mentor, good shooting.

Muzzlestuffer
PostsCOLON 3

Post by Muzzlestuffer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:56 am

I agree with that statement I'm just a norma brass guy with my other shooting starline does have great pistol brass and very consistent compared to other manufacturers. The guys I'm going to be shooting with have lots of things to help me get started like different powders although I already have many types of black powder already being that I shoot black powder matches twice a month and just shoot for fun all the time I like my black powder rifles so much I use them even if I have a rifle tag very accurate weapons! Thanks for the feedback!!
MS

BUTTON_POST_REPLY