wiping instead of blow tube

Items of primary interest to the new BPCR shooter. Loading, BP SAFETY, sources of materials, rifles, etc.
OLReliable
PostsCOLON 226
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:01 am
LocationCOLON Massachusetts

Re: wiping instead of blow tube

Post by OLReliable » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:20 am

Moezingo wroteCOLONHEY KOKOMOKID ENVISION HIGHTHREAD COUNT COTTON MATERIAL CUT 360 DEGREE FULL CIRCLE 1 7/8" PUSHED THRU YOUR BORE WITH THE APPROPIATE SIZED JAG AS THE ULTEMET PERFORMANCE ONE CAN IMAGINE. PLEASE EXCUSE THE TYPE O"S ON MY DESCRIPTION AS I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SEND PIX"S. I"AM WILLING TO SEND YOU A SAMPLE TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS THAT THERES A NEW KID IN TOWN RESPECTIVELY MOEZINGO AKA PAUL 714 719 9090 LIKE TO HERE FROM YOU.
Paul,
FYI - Typing in all capital letters is internet-yelling, very hard to read, and very internet-impolite. Please use lower case.
Gary
.... but what do I know ....

OLR ... OUT !!

montana_charlie
PostsCOLON 1413
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:35 pm
LocationCOLON West of Great Falls, Montana

Post by montana_charlie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:38 am

OLReliable wroteCOLON
Moezingo wroteCOLONHEY KOKOMOKID ENVISION HIGHTHREAD COUNT COTTON MATERIAL CUT 360 DEGREE FULL CIRCLE 1 7/8" PUSHED THRU YOUR BORE WITH THE APPROPIATE SIZED JAG AS THE ULTEMET PERFORMANCE ONE CAN IMAGINE. PLEASE EXCUSE THE TYPE O"S ON MY DESCRIPTION AS I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SEND PIX"S. I"AM WILLING TO SEND YOU A SAMPLE TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS THAT THERES A NEW KID IN TOWN RESPECTIVELY MOEZINGO AKA PAUL 714 719 9090 LIKE TO HERE FROM YOU.
Paul,
FYI - Typing in all capital letters is internet-yelling, very hard to read, and very internet-impolite. Please use lower case.
Gary
Moezingo wrote that in May of 2015.
Retired...twice. Now, just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

SgtDog0311
PostsCOLON 60
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:58 am

Post by SgtDog0311 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:02 pm

If he's still yelling I'm appreciating it. I'm kinda hard of hearing.

Like his dispenser to be sure. Enjoyed the thread!

Fogman01
PostsCOLON 12
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Fogman01 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:04 pm

I got some arsenal patches at the Steve Rhoades AZ Sharpshooters website recently. http://www.arizonasharpshooters.com/1794.html Don't know if they are "good" or not - just started using them. The guy I was shooting with at this month's silhouette match made his own patch popper from parts he got at Home Depot; worked perfectly. I want one!
Last month the winner of our local silhouette match shot a 31 and wiped every shot with arsenal patches. This month's winner with a 29 blow tubed the whole match and never cleaned the barrel ever all day. ?????? Two extremes with winning results and similar weather conditions.

rfd
PostsCOLON 24
JoinedCOLON Fri May 01, 2015 4:39 pm
LocationCOLON nor'east
CONTACTCOLON

Post by rfd » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:59 am

been using one of paul's patch poppers for months and it works SO well, the only way to go for bore wiping and not losing yer patches to the wind or fumbling fingers.

and yes, wiping is THE way to go, particularly necessary requirement for PPB's with no lube cookies.

bore wipers/pigs/gophers/etc are also THE way to go for PPB fouling control.

and finally, the "PPB way" is the cat's meow for BPCR/BPTR ... goodbye greasers. :mrgreen:

Kodiak
PostsCOLON 142
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:19 pm
LocationCOLON Mid-America

Post by Kodiak » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:58 pm

On the other side of this subject,

Have you ever found a BP barreled rifle that wiping was a mistake? And just maybe, the blow-tube saved the day?

Jim
Old age ... it ain't for sissies!

gussy
PostsCOLON 196
JoinedCOLON Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:09 pm
LocationCOLON NW
CONTACTCOLON

Post by gussy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:41 pm

You guys realize threads like this are depressing :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I've spent $$$$$$$$$$$$$ on GG moulds getting just the right one for each rifle and working up loads..... then I read these kinds of posts.

The only paper I have handy is on rolls. I tried it and although it does a good job of cleaning, it just doesn't work on bullets. You guys must be wrong... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kurt
PostsCOLON 615
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:05 am

Post by Kurt » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:34 pm

But Gussy that rolled paper is just right if you have a very tight bullet for the bore and need thinner softer paper and it shreds very good!! :D

derskeeter
PostsCOLON 10
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by derskeeter » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned not using Ballistol in the wiping solution because it contained mineral oil. What is wrong with that? I would think the bore would be better lubed than with plain water. Be gentle, new guy here.

Kurt
PostsCOLON 615
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:05 am

Post by Kurt » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Probably not a thing wrong with it as long as you keep the bore in the same condition. Wiping for a GG bullet removes the lube left behind from the last shot fired so the lubrication left behind from ballistol might help from getting lead smears. Try it and report the results.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY