NOE Molds

Discussion on Bullets and Bullet Lubes, Casting, Swaging, Paper Patching, and Lube Cookies.
tedneff
PostsCOLON 9
JoinedCOLON Wed May 13, 2015 11:35 am

NOE Molds

Post by tedneff » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:50 pm

Does anybody use NOE molds. I have a Pedersoli rifle and have been reading about having a mold that throws bullets .001 over groove .461. Would this be a good mold to buy for my rifle. Also a lot of molds have tapered bands is that a real benifit if those bands are a bit under groove dimension (like -.002). Thanks, Ted

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/images/N.O ... Sketch.Jpg
Take my advice, Im not using it

martinibelgian
PostsCOLON 459
JoinedCOLON Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:31 am
LocationCOLON Belgium

Re: NOE Molds

Post by martinibelgian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:12 am

If you need a mould with tight tolerances, throwing bullets at the as-specified dimensions, try accurate Molds. Each and every mould you order can be dimensioned to your specs (standard, in the price), and mine was spot-on. There are a few limitations (like flat nose, length restriction) - but that shouldn't be a big issue. And No, I don't have any commercial interests in the company - and only 1 of their moulds. But that one really was a pleasant surprise.

Premod70
PostsCOLON 96
JoinedCOLON Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Premod70 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:37 am

Try researching a Paul Jones mold that was specific to the Pedersoli type throat. NOE makes top rate molds but I don't know if the one you presented is the best design for your rifle.

montana_charlie
PostsCOLON 1413
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:35 pm
LocationCOLON West of Great Falls, Montana

Post by montana_charlie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:07 pm

The specs on that Pedersoli bullet are here ... http://www.bpcr.net/site_docs-results_s ... bullet.htm

Paul Jones used to offer it, but he has retired. Sage Outfitters had it in their listing, but they had to stop offering custom moulds.
But, the design is 'in the public domain', so it is not patented or copywrited. Therefore anybody with the skills and tools can reproduce the mould.

To answer your question about 'tapered bands', they allow a bullet to seat out further into the bore ... so you can get more powder behind it.
They are also said to help assure good bullet to bore alignment, but a bullet specifically designed for your chamber does that, anyway.
Retired...twice. Now, just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY