Simple exercise to help improve those chicken scores

Here's the place to share your questions, knowledge, and experience about the shooting techniques that could make us all better shooters. Safety must always be a consideration when using black powder in our rifles.
TexasMac
PostsCOLON 993
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:08 pm
LocationCOLON Central Texas
CONTACTCOLON

Simple exercise to help improve those chicken scores

Post by TexasMac » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:28 am

A friend developed the following simple exercise for you older guys to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders for BPCR shooting, especially good for off-hand chickens. It's so easy I thought I'd pass it on.

He suggested doing it three times a week.

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5-pound potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax.

Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-pound potato sacks. Then use 50-pound potato sacks, and eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-pound potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.
:D
NRA Life (President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member
Click on http://www.texas-mac.com/index.html to my home page containing information on my Browning/Winchester BPCR book & associated articles.

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:48 am

Excersise

Post by crossfireoops » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:35 pm

Did you hear about the Italian and Polock body builders who went to the beach? The Polock was upset with his friend the next morning. "How come you had girls hanging all over you yesterday, and were out till 4AM? I'm built as good as you." The Italian said, "That's easy. I put a potato in my swimsuit before we hit the beach. Works like a charm." So the Polock put a potato in his suit before they hit the beach. The next day, he cornered his buddy. "Hey! How come you got all the girls again? I put the potato in my suit like you said and they still flocked to you." The Italian said, "Today, put the potato in the front of your suit." :D :shock: :oops:

GTC 8)

Digital Dan
PostsCOLON 137
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:25 pm
LocationCOLON Yankeetown, The Windy State

Post by Digital Dan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:14 pm

That reminds me of my younger days when I taught many brave young men to fly helicopters. Soon as their finger hit the starter they forgot everything. :cry:
"Not that the story need be long, but it will take a long while to make it short." Henry David Thoreau

BUTTON_POST_REPLY