Stool for shooting seated with x sticks?

Here's the place to share your questions, knowledge, and experience about the shooting techniques that could make us all better shooters. Safety must always be a consideration when using black powder in our rifles.
cda4570
PostsCOLON 7
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Stool for shooting seated with x sticks?

Post by cda4570 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:14 am

I have trouble shooting prone with x sticks and would like to try sitting. Old creaky bones!
What seat height should I look for and type of stool. I have seen some use a low slung chair that they recline in to shoot from.
What do you shooters use for stools? Don't want any thing too cheaply made.

bryany
PostsCOLON 66
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:04 am
LocationCOLON Wyoming

Re: Stool for shooting seated with x sticks?

Post by bryany » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:17 am

I use a box about 8 inches tall. I think you should try to keep it as low as you can but still be comfortable. Something without a back will keep you from getting crossways from any rules restricting chairs with arms and backs.

Bryan
none of us are as dumb as all of us

Kodiak
PostsCOLON 144
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:19 pm
LocationCOLON Mid-America

Post by Kodiak » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:20 am

there are many mfgs. of plastic, folding stools. I'm 6' tall (170#) and found several on Amazon for $10-15. The one I bought was 12" tall when unfolded into sitting position. Too tall for my x-stix, so I started by cutting 1" from all 4 legs: just right! But thats just me! Works fine, even in sloppy, wet conditions, if you are out in those conditions!

Good luck,
Old age ... it ain't for sissies!

38-72
PostsCOLON 42
JoinedCOLON Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:38 pm

Post by 38-72 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:35 pm

Look for a stool that drummers use. They are light weight and are adjustable for height. You can custom fit the height to fit your needs and the range conditions. My wife has used one for years.

Pfisher02
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:37 pm

Post by Pfisher02 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:14 pm

Was just gonna say...Get yourself a drummers throne....That's what the drummers call it anyway.If you have a Guitar Center store in your town you can go try them out, very comfy and fully adjustable for height.Could look on Amazon too.They come apart and fold up .I've been using one for a couple years now and it's been very nice.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY