Finding the barrel vibration sweet spot

Here's the place to share your questions, knowledge, and experience about the shooting techniques that could make us all better shooters. Safety must always be a consideration when using black powder in our rifles.
TexasMac
PostsCOLON 1038
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:08 pm
LocationCOLON Central Texas
CONTACTCOLON

Finding the barrel vibration sweet spot

Post by TexasMac » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:03 pm

The latest edition of the Single Shot Exchange (SSE) magazine included an article titled, Minimizing Barrel Bounce off Cross Sticks – Finding the Sweet Spot. If you do not subscribe to the SSE and are interested in the details, I just posted the article at the following link: http://www.texas-mac.com/Minimizing_Bar ... _Spot.html

Wayne
NRA Life (President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member
Click on http://www.texas-mac.com/index.html to my home page containing information on my Browning/Winchester BPCR book & associated articles.

horseman308
PostsCOLON 62
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Maryland

Re: Finding the barrel vibration sweet spot

Post by horseman308 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:29 pm

I should really just subscribe to the magazine.

I'm interested in the topic here. As an FYI, the formatting is all messed up - at least for mobile phones. Most of the graphics are pasted over top of the text, so there's a lot you can't read. I'm not sure if that can be remedied, but I thought I'd mention just in case.

Thanks for all the research Mac.
The only bullet you fire is the one in the chamber. Make it count.

TexasMac
PostsCOLON 1038
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:08 pm
LocationCOLON Central Texas
CONTACTCOLON

Post by TexasMac » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 pm

horseman308 wroteCOLON
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:29 pm
I should really just subscribe to the magazine.
I'm interested in the topic here. As an FYI, the formatting is all messed up - at least for mobile phones. Most of the graphics are pasted over top of the text, so there's a lot you can't read. I'm not sure if that can be remedied, but I thought I'd mention just in case.
Thanks for all the research Mac.
horseman308,

Thanks for identifying the problem with viewing the article with a mobile phone. Unfortunately I do not know how to fix the problem. The articles look fine when viewing with my desktop PC using either Chrome, Edge or Firefox browsers. I will contact the hosting company to see if they have a fix or suggestion. BTW, if this site was setup to send you a PM with attachments I could PM you the article. If you'd like to PM me your email address I will send the article. But the results may be the same if you view it on your mobile phone?

Wayne
NRA Life (President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member
Click on http://www.texas-mac.com/index.html to my home page containing information on my Browning/Winchester BPCR book & associated articles.

Old Soldier
PostsCOLON 41
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:25 am
LocationCOLON North Pole, Alaska

Post by Old Soldier » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:28 pm

As usual, great article Mac. Thanks
"I wish it to be remembered that I was the last of my tribe to surrender my rifle" Geronimo

Old Soldier
PostsCOLON 41
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:25 am
LocationCOLON North Pole, Alaska

Post by Old Soldier » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:28 pm

As usual, great article Mac. Thanks
"I wish it to be remembered that I was the last of my tribe to surrender my rifle" Geronimo

BUTTON_POST_REPLY