Vernier sight

Here's the place to share your questions, knowledge, and experience about the shooting techniques that could make us all better shooters. Safety must always be a consideration when using black powder in our rifles.
Rantheman
PostsCOLON 39
JoinedCOLON Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Vernier sight

Post by Rantheman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:48 am

I just reread every reply. It's been so damn hot here in the South Carolina low country that I have not yet tried but I have made an 8'x8' target and that should help. Weather should cool down some at end of September. I have a bullseye camera , long range edition, that I am going to use. Works great at 500 and should do well at 1000 as it's rated for one mile. The information you have given me has caused a new awareness of how to use this sight and I am most grateful. I like the idea of the ballistics chart but have yet to master the mechanics of it but I think I have some friends much younger and more computer literate that can assist. Thanks for the help and when I start hitting I'll let you know

Premod70
PostsCOLON 75
JoinedCOLON Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:25 am

Re: Vernier sight

Post by Premod70 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 am

Take a set of vernier calipers and use them once you have calculated the distance for the come up from your zero setting. It's as simple as that. The scale on your sights is non-relational to a specific distance, the markings are just a reference point to be used once you find your true zero. Good luck.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY