Plain Talk

This forum is for the discussion of political issues, national and state politics, gun rights, etc. Discussions such as this can be heated and sincere, but civility and respect for your fellow shooters are still expected in all posts.
montana_charlie
PostsCOLON 1413
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:35 pm
LocationCOLON West of Great Falls, Montana

Plain Talk

Post by montana_charlie » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:18 am

One of the best lines heard lately was from Izzy Kapp, a now retired shop foreman from the old Republic Steel Plant in Cleveland . At 17 Izzy immigrated to the USA from England after his family escaped from Poland when he was 12. A more proud American can not be imagined. He often said, "I am overwhelmed by the opportunities my country offers me!"
All five of his children graduated from college. One got an MS, another got a JD, and the third an MD degree. It took Izzy 13 years of night school to get a college degree.

When a young Black kid was being laid off at the end of his 90 day evaluation period he confronted Izzy in the huge Republic Steel Plant break room at lunch and tried to intimidate him with all sorts of NAACP / ACLU / Etc threats.

"I want this on-the-record in front of everybody." the young man said. "You' firin' me 'cause I'm Black!"

Without even looking up from his sandwich the foreman said,
"No. We hired you because you're Black. We're firing you because you're useless."

Now, what a great line for the 2012 campaign:

You were voted in because you are black.
We are voting you out because you are useless!
Retired...twice. Now, just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

George Babits
PostsCOLON 166
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:20 pm
LocationCOLON Salmon, Idaho

Re: Plain Talk

Post by George Babits » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Useless?? Well, as my physics professor said, "It all depends on your frame of reference."

Viewed from the frame of reference of the people who put him in office (dare I say, his owners), he has done a marvelous job of destroying OUR country.

Viewed from the frame of reference of a Marine Corps veteran, he is worth than useless.

But simply "useless," no not from either frame of reference.

The really scarey thing is that it ain't over yet, and what is coming next?

George
Salmon, Idaho

montana_charlie
PostsCOLON 1413

Post by montana_charlie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:24 pm

George Babits wroteCOLONThe really scarey thing is that it ain't over yet, and what is coming next?
I worry about that, too, especially the period between when he loses the election in November and when he leaves office in January.
He has time for some major mischief, and there are already predictions of what he intends to do if he becomes convinced he will lose reelection.

Meanwhile, here is something to cheer us all up a little ...
http://townhall.com/columnists/wayneall ... page/full/

CM

George Babits
PostsCOLON 166

Post by George Babits » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:03 pm

The one factor that the Las Vegas odds maker is ommiting is MONEY. Those who own 0Bummer will again do everything they can to buy him another 4 years so he can "finish his job." Don't forget that his owners also own the media, and, sad to say, the "propaganda machine" generally decided who wins. All it takes in money.

Semper Fi,
George
Salmon, Idaho

montana_charlie
PostsCOLON 1413

Post by montana_charlie » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:47 pm

Did you actually mean to give the impression that you are all set to throw in the towel?
I have small regard for defeatists ...

George Babits
PostsCOLON 166

Post by George Babits » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Not hardly!!

montana_charlie
PostsCOLON 1413

Post by montana_charlie » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:06 pm

BUTTON_POST_REPLY