SB-2099?

This forum is for the discussion of political issues, national and state politics, gun rights, etc. Discussions such as this can be heated and sincere, but civility and respect for your fellow shooters are still expected in all posts.
Kodiak
PostsCOLON 142
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:19 pm
LocationCOLON Mid-America

SB-2099?

Post by Kodiak » Tue May 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Anyone heard of this little baby? I got it in an e-mail today. Maybe it's been around awhile.

Something to do with requiring that we list all guns on the 2009 tax return form.

And include a $50 tax on each gun. All serial #s to be permantly registered with the federal govt.

I don't think it will fly, then you never know.

Keep your eyes and ears open.

Jim
Old age ... it ain't for sissies!

George Babits
PostsCOLON 166
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:20 pm
LocationCOLON Salmon, Idaho

Post by George Babits » Tue May 26, 2009 5:14 pm

This bill was introduced on February 24, 2000. Obviously it didn't go anywhere or we would have been dealing with it for the last 8 or 9 years. Just punch in SB-2099 and see what it turns up before you panic. That's not to say it won't come up again under the new rulershipbut it will have aq different number.

straightneck
PostsCOLON 99
JoinedCOLON Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:50 pm
LocationCOLON Western North Carolina

Post by straightneck » Wed May 27, 2009 10:50 am

Just don't fill out any tax forms anymore. We all cry about the 2nd amendment, what about all of our other rights "THEY" are taking. An income tax violates the constitution. The time is now for all to make a stand or loose all liberty, so much we have lost while we piss and moan.
GOD-Girls-Guns made America Great : Sharps: Knock the stripes off a skunk at 500 yards

Kodiak
PostsCOLON 142
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:19 pm
LocationCOLON Mid-America

Post by Kodiak » Fri May 29, 2009 12:45 pm

Thanks for bringing me up to speed on this one.

Jim

Ray Newman
PostsCOLON 481
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:37 pm
LocationCOLON Bewteen NoWhere & NoPlace, WA ST

Post by Ray Newman » Fri May 29, 2009 1:56 pm

Another urban rumor!

www.snopes.com/politics/guns/taxreturns.asp

It would be funny except that too d*mn people believe it & are crying "WOLF". As a result, less people will be paying attention and be less willing to pitch in when something real raises its ugly head.

I suggest that you send a response to whomever sent you this & everyone else he/she CC'ed.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah
WA St F.E.S.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY