California FFLs & Firearm Buyers Face New Regulations

This forum is for the discussion of political issues, national and state politics, gun rights, etc. Discussions such as this can be heated and sincere, but civility and respect for your fellow shooters are still expected in all posts.
TexasMac
PostsCOLON 993
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:08 pm
LocationCOLON Central Texas
CONTACTCOLON

California FFLs & Firearm Buyers Face New Regulations

Post by TexasMac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:56 pm

The following is from the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). Being an FFL holder I've already received notification from the BATF on the following subject. My condolences to you guys that live in California. It's going to add costs and limit the firearms you can order online.
Wayne

Alert: Firearms Being Shipped to California FFLs Face New Regulations

As part of a new California Firearms Licensee Check (CFLC) program, effective July 1, before a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) can ship any firearms to an FFL in California, the shipping FFL must first receive the approval of the California Department of Justice. All shipments of firearms to a California FFL must have a verification approval number from the California DOJ. To obtain approval, the shipping FFL must have the California FFL's five-digit Centralized List number and fill out an application and provide the invoice number and quantity of long guns and handguns to be shipped. The application process will be available to FFLs online and via facsimile or telephone once the FFL is enrolled in the CFLC program.

The CFLC program is the result of AB 2521, sponsored by California Assemblyman Dave Jones. It was quietly signed into law by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2006. The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) and the California Association of Firearms Retailers (CAFR) are aggressively working to seek a resolution to this burdensome and onerous regulation. "This is a bad law that will needlessly burden the lawful commerce in firearms, imposing heavy costs that will harm California's firearms retailers while doing nothing to reduce crime," said NSSF Senior Vice President and General Counsel Lawrence G. Keane. "NSSF and CAFR are actively engaging legislators and the attorney general's office to address this very serious problem."

NSSF and CAFR will keep retailers updated via legislative alerts.

More information on the CFLC program and how it will impact you (PDF)
NRA Life (President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member
Click on http://www.texas-mac.com/index.html to my home page containing information on my Browning/Winchester BPCR book & associated articles.

DML
PostsCOLON 254
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:47 pm
LocationCOLON Aridzona

Post by DML » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:03 pm

I had a discussion about this at work yesterday. Everyone in the shop is originally form Kalifornia. In my opinion, the gun owners in the PRK are getting exactly what they deserve. The same goes for NY and MA. Why? Because they don't vote and they don't belong to the NRA or any other gun owners association.

I don't know the exact number of gun owners in the PRK or the USA, but can you imagine the power they would have if they banded together? There would be no Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Obama, etc.

What bothers me even more is how many gun owners vote for these *@##!!%*.
“It is almost impossible to exaggerate the complete unimportance of almost everything.”

BUTTON_POST_REPLY