Mechanics of selling firearms through bpcr forum?

This forum is for the discussion of political issues, national and state politics, gun rights, etc. Discussions such as this can be heated and sincere, but civility and respect for your fellow shooters are still expected in all posts.
DrDAvid
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Mechanics of selling firearms through bpcr forum?

Post by DrDAvid » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:03 pm

Hi - hoping for some practical advice here. Hope this forum is the correct place to post.

I need to sell a couple of BPCR rifles and am planing on doing so thorough the bpcr.net forum. I’ve never done this before and so don’t know the mechanics of doing so. How can I protect myself from fraudulent purchasers? To complicate things a bit, I’m currently an Oregon resident and am required to insure that the purchaser has proof of a proper background check. Can anyone advise me on how to best accomplish this?

Thanks!

Ranch 13
PostsCOLON 1530
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Eastern Wy
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Mechanics of selling firearms through bpcr forum?

Post by Ranch 13 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:38 pm

You should ask for certified funds, before you ship the rifle to the purchasers FFL dealer.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1470
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Re: Mechanics of selling firearms through bpcr forum?

Post by Brent » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:03 pm

Unless you have antique rifles (not simply copies thereof), you ship the rifle to an FFL holder of the buyers choosing. The FFL person will run the "background " check. Very very easy.

I've never had problems with selling firearms and getting paid. But, if you are worried, ask for cashiers checks or money orders. Many prefer post office money orders. However, they only go up to about $1 grand, so you may need several.

One gig not to fall for is the guy that says he will send you a check for more than the value, and you should just send him the gun and the difference. Those checks are always bogus, but you won't see that here.

I look forward to seeing what you have.
I'm not from here, I just live here.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY