Alliance bptr match ?

Kurt
PostsCOLON 589
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:05 am

Re: Alliance bptr match ?

Post by Kurt » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:32 pm

The weekend after the MT 1000 or a week before Baker would be ideal for me while I'm close.
I always wondered why they don't have a silhouette match there. It's a fine place.

Kurt

Ranch 13
PostsCOLON 1537
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Eastern Wy
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Ranch 13 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:50 pm

They used to shoot silhouette there,but there is no interest in starting it back up.
Jim said reading these posts on the bptr match he didn't see enough firm commitment from folks to have a match. The way their pits are I don't think a match in the hot months would be much fun.

Kurt
PostsCOLON 589

Post by Kurt » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:57 pm

Yes June is warm. June through Sept it is warm. If one wants to shoot matches they will put up with the heat to shoot. I know for one, when the match is over when it's hot I'm glad it ended but it does not turn me away going to the next one :D

Ranch 13
PostsCOLON 1537
LocationCOLON Eastern Wy
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Ranch 13 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:31 am

The ambient temperatures aren't the big problem altho as we know it can be absolutely miserable shooting there in August, the biggest problem is the pits, there's no shad nor cover for the target pullers. But pictures speak thousands of words .
http://alliancerifleclub.com/uploads/3/ ... _story.pdf

Kurt
PostsCOLON 589

Post by Kurt » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:27 am

The direction the Alliance pit is facing a cover wouldn't do much good. The wall is to close to the frames to be able to get enough shade anyway. The only thing a short cover would do is keep the sand and hot dirt digger bullets from dropping down your neck.

A NW facing line would be a lot better.

Ranch 13
PostsCOLON 1537
LocationCOLON Eastern Wy
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Ranch 13 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:29 am

Yup, but even at Raton that north facing wall was a cooker in July, and they only have a single piece of corrugated tin for a cover, and you could feel the heat radiating thru that like a blast furnace.
The pits at Byers are the nicest anywhere.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY