Here is the spot to ask and learn about hunting with our BPCR rifles.
- PostsCOLON 11
- JoinedCOLON Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:01 am
I may have the chance to hunt moose in eastern Canada and wondered if a top end 40-65 load would be up to the task in the 100 yard range? Thanks.
- PostsCOLON 224
- JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:07 pm
Cant imagine why not. I've had 70 gr of swiss 1.5 in mine. with the proper bullet, it should work.
- PostsCOLON 163
- JoinedCOLON Tue May 26, 2009 5:46 am
- LocationCOLON Australia
If it will punch holes through a 20lb gas bottle (like mine does) then I dont think it have much trouble with a moose.
A Sudoku a day keeps alzheimers away ........I think
- PostsCOLON 1583
- JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
- LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois
Absolutely. Choose a good flatnosed bullet and you are fine.
I'm not from here, I just live here.
- PostsCOLON 2
- JoinedCOLON Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 pm
load bullets backwards with tissue wad between card wad and bullet 20gr imr 4227 over primer fill rest with 2f. knocks em down like lighting and shoots clean