Do these count?

Here is the spot to ask and learn about hunting with our BPCR rifles.
Duke
PostsCOLON 5
JoinedCOLON Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:12 pm
LocationCOLON South West WI

Do these count?

Post by Duke » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:51 pm

It's a single shot, 32 wcf, with 16.5 gr 3fg and 100 cast bullet. The target is the eye.

Duke

Duke
PostsCOLON 5

Post by Duke » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:36 pm

Sorry about the photo, what I tried has worked in another forum. The photo was of a fox squirrel and a Stevens Model 44 rifle.

Duke

Brent
PostsCOLON 1583
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Post by Brent » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:45 pm

Next time, uncheck the using html box below the window where you are typing in your message. Should work then. Now, if I could just figure out how to shrink these photos w/o loosing a ton of resolution.

Brent

MLR
PostsCOLON 118
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:39 pm
LocationCOLON Okla, U.S.A.

Post by MLR » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:51 am

Duke:

I looked at your picture by doing a copy an paste to my browser. Thats my kind of hunting fella. Brings back memories.

Michael

Brent
PostsCOLON 1583

Post by Brent » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:59 am

Bushytail season is about to start in earnest around here. Not that they haven't been legal for months, but deer hunting has preoccupied me. That's done as of last night, so squirrels are in trouble.

This year, I have a "new" #3 Ballard original to hunt them with. It's just about an ideal squirrel rifle, so I'll be targeting eyeballs too.

Brent

g.pennell
PostsCOLON 167
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:07 am
LocationCOLON Jenkins, KY

Post by g.pennell » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:24 am

Brent, that's a dandy looking low wall there...did Doug ever get it checkered for you? I have a similar project on-going, but mine is a flatside, and slated to be a .25-20 WCF.

Greg
Rollers Rock, but High Walls Rule!

Brent
PostsCOLON 1583

Post by Brent » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:42 am

Yes, Doug did a beautiful job of checkering it, and Classic Guns colored the action for me. It is now complete and shoots in the mid 240s at 200 yds from the bench.

It's a hell of a rifle - if I do say so myself. About 15 people have had a hand in making it come together. My role was limited to General Contractor, metal polisher, bluer and wood finisher - and oh yeah, Cash Cow. Everything else was done by someone else. Now I'm building a .38-55 Borchardt in much the same fashion.

I really have to get a better set of pictures together for this rifle.

Brent

Duke
PostsCOLON 5

Post by Duke » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:24 pm

Okay Brent, I'll try this again

Duke

g.pennell
PostsCOLON 167
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:07 am
LocationCOLON Jenkins, KY

Post by g.pennell » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:16 am

Duke, here ya go.

Rollers Rock, but High Walls Rule!

alphawolf45
PostsCOLON 5
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:43 pm
LocationCOLON Central Arkansas

Post by alphawolf45 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:51 pm

The tree rats around here , what I am used to seeing are mostly small greys..To me that rifle looks mighty small or that squirrel is the size of a small dog. :) .....I built 5 singleshot Stevens rifles last year , 3 are Stevens Marksmans and 2 are Stevens Favorites..All were scratch built except I didnt make the barrels......But though I would like to shoot a few squirrels --that looks like huge fun - I am now at age where I wont pull trigger on a singleshot if I cant be entirely certain of a clean kill...and I dont shoot well enough , I feel bit better if second quick shot is available..So presently I am scratchbuilding a couple pump .22 rifles , copies of Mossberg Mod K circa 1930ish..
But I am off on a tangent..I will say I enjoyed seeing your picture of an old Stevens in a hunting scene...Thumbs up.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY