Africa with a Sharps

Here is the spot to ask and learn about hunting with our BPCR rifles.
RMulhern
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:15 pm
LocationCOLON Down South

Thanks!

Post by RMulhern » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:34 am

Thanks Brent.....for a great addition to an otherwise....DEAD FORUM! Apparently most of the guys here shoot steel...rather than meat! :lol: :roll:

Hank
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:45 am
LocationCOLON Maine

Post by Hank » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:17 am

Just read your story Brent. Great pictures. Man, it makes me wish I had more money and could fly on planes. I don't have more money and I'm wicked claustrophobic, but what I am gonna do is get off my butt and grab my old high wall and step out my kitchen door and wander off into the woods for a few hours. I've got an any deer permit and I'd rather have an eighty pounder in the freezer than a two hundred pounder anyway. I reckon the old 50-140 can handle anything I run into out there.
I'm gone....
I'm gonna reload this 44 Henry rimfire if it's the last thing I do.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1646
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Post by Brent » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:40 am

Hank,
Hunting in your own backyard lacks for nothing. Africa is great.. But, you know, I enjoy hunting here in the USA - including my own backyard - just as much. It packs a certain amount of special satisfaction and deep down, I'm rooted to North America first and foremost.

Good luck with your Sharps. You are never undergunned.

Brent

Hank
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:45 am
LocationCOLON Maine

Post by Hank » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:51 pm

Hi Brent,
Yep, you're right. There IS a lot to be said for being able to walk out the door and hunt. I just got back in. Four hours of still hunting in just about 70 degrees. That's crazy for this time of year, but there WERE no mosquitos. Because the woods was logged off a few years ago, there are places where a 200 yrd. shot is possible. I jumped one deer in the small hemlocks about 20 yrds. from me. Didn't have a prayer for a shot but I should have touched 'er off and maybe in the smoke it might 'ave run into a tree and stunned itself.
Gotta go look for ticks now.
Again, thanks for a great story and pictures.

Hank
I'm gonna reload this 44 Henry rimfire if it's the last thing I do.

Darryl
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Thu May 07, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Darryl » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Brent:

Nice Pics - thanks for sharing.
Where did you get the sling that's on your rifle? I've been looking for one of those all over the place and can't find them.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1646

Post by Brent » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:51 am

Darryl,
I was going to say that Cabelas sells them. That's where I got mine. But when I looked for the URL for you, the only version of it that I found was camouflaged. WHY WHY WHY do they do that????

Well, anyway, if you look in Cabelas - in the blackpowder stuff mostly, you will find this and a different version that I have not tried.

Brent

Bakebfr480
PostsCOLON 20
JoinedCOLON Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: Africa with a Sharps

Post by Bakebfr480 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:42 am

No elephant or water buffalo?

Brent
PostsCOLON 1646

Re: Africa with a Sharps