Low wall in 32/40.

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
Singleshot S.A.
PostsCOLON 97
JoinedCOLON Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 pm
LocationCOLON Adelaide. Sth Oz.

Low wall in 32/40.

Post by Singleshot S.A. » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:14 am

Well I haven't visited here for a long while, so many Forums and Face book pages happening, hopefully all the old regulars are fit and well, and I see some new names as well. 👍
I'm looking at a low wall with a 32/40 Badger barrel 1:16 twist. It's a Shutzen style for off hand. Just wondering what loads they prefer.
I have the 165 grn Lyman mold and a NOE mold that weighs in at 195 grns.
I have a 32/40 on a Martini Cadet but have not bothered too much with BP because of the cleaning issues related to Cadet actions. The 1:16 stabilizes the 195 quite ok. Will breach seat. Not sure what grade of powder to start with, 2P Wano maybe or Swiss 1 1/2. We don't have any other brands of BP available here In Australia.
Any advice / experiences appreciated.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1683
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Re: Low wall in 32/40.

Post by Brent » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:01 am

I don't have a 32-40, but I would think Swiss 1.5 would work well. However, if you are going to load at the bench with a powder measure, I find that 2f meters considerably more precisely than 1.5f so that may be a consideration.
I'm not from here, I just live here.

Singleshot S.A.
PostsCOLON 97
JoinedCOLON Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 pm
LocationCOLON Adelaide. Sth Oz.

Re: Low wall in 32/40.

Post by Singleshot S.A. » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:01 am

Thanks Brent,
I'll weigh out my loads and drop tube them then breach seat on the day.
Here's the thing....
The rifle I was considering selling off to pay for this one shot me my first 100.4 today.
😂🤣😆

BUTTON_POST_REPLY