What is wrong here?

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
Old Soldier
PostsCOLON 42
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:25 am
LocationCOLON North Pole, Alaska

What is wrong here?

Post by Old Soldier » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:38 pm

Guys why is this site so little used? Most of the posts are OLD. I come here a lot to see what is new and interesting and seldom is there anything new. I see a lot of you on the ASSRA site,but you seldom post here. Where are you going to talk BPCR?
"I wish it to be remembered that I was the last of my tribe to surrender my rifle" Geronimo

Brent
PostsCOLON 1718
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Re: What is wrong here?

Post by Brent » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:56 am

People have to have something to say. I guess we are all talked out.

I've posted as much as I can, and there just isn't much out there anymore. I don't see a lot of posting on any of the boards these days.
I'm not from here, I just live here.

Ranch 13
PostsCOLON 1592
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Eastern Wy
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Ranch 13 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Brent's right, not much going on anywhere.
The various shooting pages on Facebook seem to have replaced the activity on the forums.

JIMOFATL
PostsCOLON 83
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:44 pm
LocationCOLON Georgia

Post by JIMOFATL » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:26 pm

I agree with Brent. It maybe a sign of the future. There will only be a discussion, if someone asks a question. Only new people will need our help. Hopefully they are not intimidated to ask. If they do, don't exercise your expertise and brag on your knowledge. When I started, I had no pretense of someone making fun of me. I just wanted to learn. Hopefully I can pass on any knowledge I learned through Boards like this. Let's keep it alive.........................

Old Soldier
PostsCOLON 42

Post by Old Soldier » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:32 pm

I didn't think about Facebook. Hell I just learned to use a forum, kind of.
"I wish it to be remembered that I was the last of my tribe to surrender my rifle" Geronimo

Brent
PostsCOLON 1718

Post by Brent » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:55 pm

I do not like facebook discussions personally, but they are obviously favored by some. They are certainly easier to lose track of, hard to decipher, and not easily searched or recovered (at least not for me). Facebook is like a faucet that is constantly spewing stuff, about 10% of which actually interests me. And none of it is in any sort of order that makes sense to me.

I could go on, but I'll spare humanity the suffering :)

gunlaker
PostsCOLON 396
JoinedCOLON Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:46 pm
LocationCOLON British Columbia

Post by gunlaker » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:01 pm

I rarely go to this site as it's been offline several times for prolonged periods.

I mostly go to the CastBoolits forum and the Shiloh site.

A lot of people who had really interesting things to say, no longer post online because of the acrimony. This is too bad because the forums can help our sport. The internet is what made me aware of, and drew me into, NRA BPTR and BP Silhouette.

Chris.

semtav
PostsCOLON 244
JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by semtav » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Brent wroteCOLON
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:55 pm
I do not like facebook discussions personally, but they are obviously favored by some. They are certainly easier to lose track of, hard to decipher, and not easily searched or recovered (at least not for me). Facebook is like a faucet that is constantly spewing stuff, about 10% of which actually interests me. And none of it is in any sort of order that makes sense to me.

I could go on, but I'll spare humanity the suffering :)
My sentiments exactly. I don't like facebook, period !!

horseman308
PostsCOLON 73
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Maryland

Post by horseman308 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:16 am

As a relative newby, I come here to read a lot. Many of my questions are answered simply by a search. I have gotten good answers to most of the questions I posted, though a few have gone unseen. It kinda sucks that there isn't more traffic here.
The only bullet you fire is the one in the chamber. Make it count.

Old Soldier
PostsCOLON 42

Post by Old Soldier » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:23 am

I agree Horseman. I get a lot of good info here. I wish there was more traffic. I'll get excited to respond to a post, then look and it is 3 years old. There is a lot of traffic on the ASSRA site, but they are mostly into smokeless powder, bench rest stuff. Shilo is probably a fine site if you have a Sharps. There are a lot of fine BPCR's that are not Sharps. Oh well.

semtav
PostsCOLON 244
JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by semtav » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:45 pm

You want to get some threads going, try pushing a few buttons. Discussions where everyone agrees don't last long. Unless of course your waiting for a 77 Shiloh.

Old Soldier
PostsCOLON 42

Post by Old Soldier » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:33 am

I wouldn't have a Sharps. Unless of course it comes with a bayonet. That the kind of button your talking about?

gunlaker
PostsCOLON 396
JoinedCOLON Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:46 pm
LocationCOLON British Columbia

Post by gunlaker » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Old Soldier wroteCOLON
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:33 am
I wouldn't have a Sharps. Unless of course it comes with a bayonet. That the kind of button your talking about?
Better would be a discussion on slow lock times of the Sharps action, or maybe a post about the superiority of fast twist .38's for long range :lol:

Chris.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1718

Post by Brent » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:44 pm

gunlaker wroteCOLON
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:40 pm
Old Soldier wroteCOLON
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:33 am
Better would be a discussion on slow lock times of the Sharps action, or maybe a post about the superiority of fast twist .38's for long range :lol:

Chris.
That certainly might illustrate another reason for such quietude, pretty much all news is old news in BPCR, and most of that is pretty trivial at best.

Bakebfr480
PostsCOLON 21
JoinedCOLON Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Bakebfr480 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:38 am

I registered back in June of 2018 and I didn't get approved until March of 2019! Perhaps that is a problem! Just sayin!

BUTTON_POST_REPLY