Your first BPCR Match

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
Brent
PostsCOLON 1642
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Your first BPCR Match

Post by Brent » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:43 pm

The 2016 Missouri BPCR regional, for both iron sights and scoped rifles will take place June 4-5, 2016 at the Bench Rest Rifle Club of St. Louis, located just north of I-70, 60 miles west of The Gateway Arch in Wright City, MO - http://www.shootingstl.com

This was the first "legal" silhouette match I ever shot, and I can't think of a better place to start. The targets are easy to see and the breezes are pretty reasonable though occasionally tricky. Pat O'Malley does about the finest job of calling the line of any match I've been to. There are really excellent shooters come from Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Wisconsin and probably several other states I have forgotten. At least two past national champs are there every year.

there is camping space at the range (I don't think there are hookups but could be wrong). Or, you can bring a cot and sleep in the club house for nothing. The clubhouse is full airconditioned, with cable tv, showers, and a huge full kitchen. Bring a .22 to plink with on Friday afternoon or Saturday after the match.

You can find an entry form at this thread on Steelchickens.com (http://steelchickens.com/forums/viewtop ... 34a#p82235) or you can email or call Pat directly.
Please send your completed entry form and $71.50 entry fee to Pat O'Malley, Match Director, at the address on the entry form. Contact information: email - jpatomalley@yahoo.com, phone - 314.374.8985

This range has some of the best target visibility you will find anywhere. The black targets against white limestone really jump out at you. And every year the range gets better and better. So, we look forward to seeing you in June. Good shooting!
I'm not from here, I just live here.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY