WC860 Pressure vs BP

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
jonp
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:07 am

WC860 Pressure vs BP

Post by jonp » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:41 pm

I bought a 43 Spanish Rolling Block some time ago and have been using BP in it with a 370gr bullet which is great. I have a few jugs of WC860 surplus I bought from Jeff Bartlett for duplexing a 35 Whelen and a member on a different site was good enough to send me some reloading data which included AA8700 which is what Jeff said to use for the WC860.

The load showed a pressure of less than 10,000psi for the AA8700 so it should be fine but I was wondering if anyone had tried it? I'm happy with the black and my wife loves the smoke but I have a bunch of the WC860 to use up.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY