Shipping brass

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
Circuit Rider
PostsCOLON 39
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:24 pm
LocationCOLON E. Tn.

Shipping brass

Post by Circuit Rider » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:37 am

Gents, I have some brass cleaned and primed I need to ship to a friend. Am I correct, I have to send it hazmat or deprime it to send it. If I have to deprime them, is there a safe way to do it? Thanks, Circuit Rider

Kodiak
PostsCOLON 142
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:19 pm
LocationCOLON Mid-America

Re: Shipping brass

Post by Kodiak » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:14 am

Can't answer the hazmat question.

I have placed primed cases in a plastic loading-block and put water in each case (afew drops) and let them soak over-night. Them pour it out and deprime as normal. I know others that deprime without doing this and they get along ok :o . There could be other ways to do it.
Old age ... it ain't for sissies!

4570win
PostsCOLON 16
JoinedCOLON Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:52 am

Post by 4570win » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:04 am

I have deprimed life primers with my hand tool and never set one off, then reused them and they worked fine.
when you deprime use glove and safety glasses works fine. When I first started reloading 44 years ago I had a
lee loader and I set a few primers off with it without an harm to me or anything else. Lorne

HpGuy420
PostsCOLON 325
JoinedCOLON Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:57 pm

Post by HpGuy420 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:46 pm

Τίποτα για το τίποτα
Last edited by 1 on HpGuy420, edited 0 times in total.

Circuit Rider
PostsCOLON 39
JoinedCOLON Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:24 pm
LocationCOLON E. Tn.

Post by Circuit Rider » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Much obliged for the info. Circuit Rider

montana_charlie
PostsCOLON 1413
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:35 pm
LocationCOLON West of Great Falls, Montana

Post by montana_charlie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:46 pm

That sticker says ORM-D, and it can be done by hand according to this...

"Material marked ORM-D and shipped by surface transportation do not require hazardous shipping papers, simply an ORM-D Consumer Commodity marking on the box. This marking can either be in the form of a ORM-D sticker, or written by hand. If written by hand the letters "ORM-D" must be enclosed by a rectangle."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORM-D
CM
Retired...twice. Now, just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

HpGuy420
PostsCOLON 325
JoinedCOLON Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:57 pm

Post by HpGuy420 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:52 pm

Τίποτα για το τίποτα

BUTTON_POST_REPLY