Shortstake

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
mygila
PostsCOLON 72
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:38 am
LocationCOLON Las Cruces, NM

Shortstake

Post by mygila » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:17 am

Howard Staub is having brain surgery ( tumor removal) today 1/24/08 at Mountain View Medical in Las Cruces, NM. Please say a pray for him. Thanks, Mygila
Without 2, the rest are useless. Do or not do, there is no try - Yoda

ricochet
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 132
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:20 am
LocationCOLON Northern Colorado

Thanks for that notice...

Post by ricochet » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:05 pm

Thanks for the notice of Howard's medical problem.

I will keep him in my thoughts.

ricochet

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:48 am

Howard

Post by crossfireoops » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:57 am

Myron, .....

Any further word on Howard?

GTC 8)

TexasMac
PostsCOLON 1035
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:08 pm
LocationCOLON Central Texas
CONTACTCOLON

Post by TexasMac » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:53 pm

Howard and I were just exchanging emails no more than 4 days ago. He mentioned having to endure and get completed medical procedures to his lower back and right leg. So I'm confused. Were there further complications? In any case I sure wish him well.

Wayne
NRA Life (President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member
Click on http://www.texas-mac.com/index.html to my home page containing information on my Browning/Winchester BPCR book & associated articles.

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767

Shortstake

Post by crossfireoops » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:52 pm

Can we, ....for Cripe's sake get some sorta' update.

Please ?.....Thank you ?

Blindsided dittos.

GTC 8)

Ironramrod
PostsCOLON 97
JoinedCOLON Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:36 pm
LocationCOLON Roughrider country

Post by Ironramrod » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:19 am

There is an update on Shortstake on the Shiloh rifle forum. Basically, it turned out well for him.

Regards

ricochet
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 132
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:20 am
LocationCOLON Northern Colorado

Update On Howard - From Howard.

Post by ricochet » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:11 pm

Sent: Saturday, the 26th of January, 2008, at 5:17AM

This past week has greatly emphasized to me what the U imi9lzryi. D. system does for us ole pharts that sevee3d our Country honorably.

.1. Noonday
.2. Tuesday, lengthy visitation with Joel Jones of Deming resulting in MRI at MOUNTIAN VIEW Hospital. 0urces professionally accomplished And scared the crap out of this old phartes. Ongoing Banter with one Pre-op on-going banter with pre-Op Nurse solidifies what friends are all" About..

I am a very fortunate person to have had a brain tumor discovered removed and the procedure to remove same announced to me to a having been A saving event and overwhelming success.

Never ever having been known as a bible thumping or quoting person can honestly say without reservation it was a religious experience. Hearing Prayers and well wishers from many, many persons who have known know me less than 16 months is damn difficult to explain. Who were these persons? The wonderful cowboy singers and poets who have adopted me. The Many retired Miitary persons and thirty five years of gun show friends from about our great country. My Family! YEARS ASSOCIATION And those precious gun owners and shooters who embrace our world's recognized built in protection system.

Study your retirement I.D. Card and dwell on i'ts True value………………………….. And that is not a hardware Store phrase.

My most cherished recent possession is the Titanium plate and screws that hold the elipse shaped bone fragment over the entry drilled hole on my cranium above the right ear, but a conversation iece. For sure . Non-magnetic version THAT WILL give the he wand waving- grumbling air port security guards NO reasons not to get their shorts all wadded up into a hissy fit. Some seem to wear extra large size wadded-up shorts.

Our Country is the recognized leader of modern medicine, yet there are multitudesyhat want our GREAT country to self destruct either internally or from an outside force. In my cases they are the same wealthy and profoundly and unexplainably rich from America's educational systems, technology and ate up WITH PURE from their own religion. But they all want to live in and come to the land of Milk and Honey.

FROM THE LAND OF ENCHANTMENT,
aNTMENT,

Howard G. Staub, MST, USAF, Retired, 1959-1979.
P.O. Drawer 2249
Deming, New Mexico 88031

1-575-546-3727

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767

ShortStake

Post by crossfireoops » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:24 pm

Shortstake tells it like it is, ......sure certain.. :wink:

His Radio show is GREAT, makes a man feel right at home.

Wonderin' now if He'll even need a radio, .....might get great reception from his new built in antenna, ....No? :D

Good on 'im, he's quite a guy.

GTC 8)

BUTTON_POST_REPLY