Ageism?

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
Jubilado
PostsCOLON 105
JoinedCOLON Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:17 pm

Post by Jubilado » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:16 pm

68 (almost). USAF 1956-1960, E-3 for 40 danged months, but doing an E-5 job by my third year. No rank in most of the USAF in those days unless you were in a favored command, e.g. Curtis Lemay's boys.

Mike G., unless I'm misreading your post, how could you be 63 and have joined in '57? You would have been about 14. I was 17 when I enlisted in '56, two days out of H.S.

Paul

buffshooter
PostsCOLON 273
JoinedCOLON Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:54 pm
LocationCOLON out west, well, of London anyways

Post by buffshooter » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:28 pm

MLR

That's the best laugh I've had in .... a looooong while :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Iffen it ain't broke, don't fix it

EDWARD MALINOWSKI
PostsCOLON 54
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:26 pm
LocationCOLON KEARNY N.J.

Post by EDWARD MALINOWSKI » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:04 pm

How times change.
Now openly gay people want to get into the Armed Services. :D :D :D :D :D

Ed Malinowski

buffshooter
PostsCOLON 273

Post by buffshooter » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:12 pm

Hell, our forces are full of 'em (allegedly)

GO NAVY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MLR
PostsCOLON 118
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:39 pm
LocationCOLON Okla, U.S.A.

Post by MLR » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

buffshooter
PostsCOLON 273

Post by buffshooter » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:30 pm

Wus only kiddin' :lol: :oops:

MLR
PostsCOLON 118

Post by MLR » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:34 pm

What happened Buffshooter? Did the Navy guys attack you? :lol:

Michael

EDWARD MALINOWSKI
PostsCOLON 54

Post by EDWARD MALINOWSKI » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:39 pm

Buffshooter**

I know, I can spot a joke at 1538.5 yards. :D :D :D :D :D

Ed Malinowski

EDWARD MALINOWSKI
PostsCOLON 54

Post by EDWARD MALINOWSKI » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:04 pm

When I was down Fort Sam way in 1963-64 we had 3 guys who would always
hang together around the Latrine. One of them was short sheeted and given a G.I. Shower.

There was a 4th gentleman who prided himself for his "Betty Davis" Impersonation, but generally a pleasant and amusing person..I think
he became a movie director.

Then in basic at Dix, we had, I swear a man worse than that guy in Full Metal Jacket, who seemed to have trouble chewing gum and breathing, He did the classic move at the rifle range of discharging his M-14 at the feet of the 2nd Lt. who was trying to show the Sargent how to get this troop with the program on marksmanship.

He was so good they discharge him finally but not before we locked him in the dumpster for 8 hrs on a Saturday.

Ed Malinowski

EDWARD MALINOWSKI
PostsCOLON 54

Post by EDWARD MALINOWSKI » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:17 pm

IronJaw

Down In San Antonio you didn't shot at the infamous Camp Bullis, famous for it's Bullis Fever?

Another sign of ageism, going back and remembering great times when you were younger and couldn't full appreciate them.
Ed Malinowski

Ironramrod
PostsCOLON 97
JoinedCOLON Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:36 pm
LocationCOLON Roughrider country

Post by Ironramrod » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:44 am

'68-'74
U.S. Army
E-6, cook/mess sergeant
Age-64

wboggs
PostsCOLON 45
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:18 am
LocationCOLON N.E. FL.

Post by wboggs » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:58 am

retired at 69 BPCR takes lots of time
beginner in black powder

Rambunctious
PostsCOLON 28
JoinedCOLON Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:05 pm
LocationCOLON Great Falls, MT

Post by Rambunctious » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Wow! What an honor to be participating in a sport so full of veterans! It's nice, guys.

I was 1A in 1969 and planning on a government paid vacation to Viet Nam when Nixon came out with the lottery and I drew a 313 (the first 150 had to go and the last 212 could get on with their lives). I was overjoyed at the time, but spent many years feeling guilty because I had "copped out" and many of my friends had died. A few years ago I ran into a classmate who had flown helicopters there and later with Air America. He told me he felt he had missed out on his late teens and early twenties because he wasn't home for all the parties, girls and carousing. I told him I was home "spinning my wheels and going nowhere" and felt I had missed serving with my classmates and, also, a part of history. We ended the conversation agreeing that neither one of us had missed anything at all...

I know one thing now for sure though; If I could do it now I would be in Iraq in a heartbeat. But the problem is that I wouldn't take too well to being told that I had to get permission to take out an enemy combatant who is pacing out the distance to where I happen to be standing just because he isn't armed at the time, so he can launch some mortars later...
"Take it easy"

JSU
PostsCOLON 144
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:30 pm
LocationCOLON here'n'there

Post by JSU » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:34 pm

Rambunctious--

Same song, different verse, 'cept my number came-up 325, after the birthdates before and after mine were both drawn in the teens. As long as I live I don't think I can forget the day of my lottery drawing.

BTW, I'm 53 and was born in '53.

--Steve
Life without passion is neither....

MLR
PostsCOLON 118

Post by MLR » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:23 am

I think bein old is when yer in the bathroom sittin on the toilet and ya can't remember what ya went in there for. :roll: :roll:

Michael

BUTTON_POST_REPLY