Don't know if y'all have seen this or not...

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
Digital Dan
PostsCOLON 137
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:25 pm
LocationCOLON Yankeetown, The Windy State

Don't know if y'all have seen this or not...

Post by Digital Dan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:46 pm

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b59f573156

Thought it some fair shootin' myself, dunno who the guy is, probably y'all do.
"Not that the story need be long, but it will take a long while to make it short." Henry David Thoreau

bpsteve
PostsCOLON 101
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:40 pm
LocationCOLON Phoenix, Arizona

Post by bpsteve » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:36 pm

The shooter is Dave Gullo and the target is located on the silhouette range at Whittington Center in Raton NM.
Dave just won our Regional Creedmoor this past weekend in Phoenix.
The video makes the shot out to be really something but it is all in a days work for a competitive Black Powder Target Rifle shooter like Dave and the guys that shot here last week.
Steve R
Arizona Sharpshooters.

mygila
PostsCOLON 72
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:38 am
LocationCOLON Las Cruces, NM

Post by mygila » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:38 pm

That's some great shooting . Twice in a row. Who said BPCR is a waste of time. Maybe if I practice more I can do that before I pass to the Great Range in the Sky. Mygila
Without 2, the rest are useless. Do or not do, there is no try - Yoda

JSU
PostsCOLON 144
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:30 pm
LocationCOLON here'n'there

Post by JSU » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:00 pm

Interesting that Dave has his Borshardt's forearm resting in the cross sticks.

So much for barrel harmonics and null spots....

--Steve
Life without passion is neither....

bpsteve
PostsCOLON 101
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:40 pm
LocationCOLON Phoenix, Arizona

Post by bpsteve » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:07 pm

Steve,
I shot with Dave in the American Creedmoor Cup on Thursday and he was resting the barrel on the sticks just in front of the forearm. He told me that was something new for him as he normally rested the forearm on the sticks. I don't know if he went back to the forearm during the Regional Match or continued to shoot off the barrel but he managed to win.
Did you see my story from the regional at www.arizonasharpshooters.com
Steve R
AZ.

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:48 am

Will

Post by crossfireoops » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:12 pm

Steve......

I think Dave has figured out how to "WILL" his shots into the center.

good fellow, ....No?

GTC 8)

buffshooter
PostsCOLON 273
JoinedCOLON Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:54 pm
LocationCOLON out west, well, of London anyways

Post by buffshooter » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:49 am

Dan

If you've ever ordered anything from Buffalo Arms then you've got it from Dave Gullo. I've had a few things from him and his company is spot on, delivery and quality wise. He got some stuff to me in a week! I'd have a job to get suppliers here in the UK to supply stuff in a month :shock: Explain that!
Iffen it ain't broke, don't fix it

JSU
PostsCOLON 144
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:30 pm
LocationCOLON here'n'there

Post by JSU » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:20 am

Steve R--

I did see your report and both sets of results.

It sounds like y'all were kinda hot, and dry. And a good introduction for Dave to your quality wiping rods. I noticed in the video that not only was his forearm on the sticks, but he had a BT lying on the mat as well, clearly suggesting he hadn't yet been introduced to the civilized art of wiping.

--Steve U.
Life without passion is neither....

Ranch 13
PostsCOLON 1584
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Eastern Wy
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Ranch 13 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:46 am

BPsteve are you going to post up the results of the American Creedmore Cup ?

Utah Shooter
PostsCOLON 61
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:16 am
LocationCOLON East Central Utah

Post by Utah Shooter » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:11 pm

I didn't hear the range of those two shots mentioned----just how far were they?
The Deseret Duck

Ironramrod
PostsCOLON 97
JoinedCOLON Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:36 pm
LocationCOLON Roughrider country

Post by Ironramrod » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:33 pm

Ranch,

Click on the website in the post made by Steve R.; then click on "results" and viola--the whole shebang.

Got that .40/65 shootin' them all in the same hole yet? I'm kinda toying with the thought of getting one of those in a Shiloh heavy octagon; kinda of heavier bench gun to shoot the Wyoming Schutzen/NRC bench matches. A dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

Regards

Kelley O. Roos
PostsCOLON 944
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Post by Kelley O. Roos » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:57 pm

That film of Dave G. shooting at that Buffalo in Raton was taken about 10 years ago or right after he won the first World championships in South Africa. Ripleys believe it or not did that filming, if I remember correct. If any of you know anything about long range shooting you would find it pretty amazing that 3 out 4 of those shots are in the black, first shot was in the white. The yardage was 1250, I think.

The last time I shot with Dave he was resting his rifle on the forearm. To be able to shot off the forearm takes a steady trigger release and shooting form, as it isn't the most stable of methods, even though it is thought as the best method. Shooting at the muzzle is a more stable position.

Kelley O.
Last edited by 1 on Kelley O. Roos, edited 0 times in total.

Digital Dan
PostsCOLON 137
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:25 pm
LocationCOLON Yankeetown, The Windy State

Post by Digital Dan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:55 pm

Well, thanks for the enlightenment guys! I'm aware of Dave Gullo but do not know him of course. His legend precedes him I suppose. :lol: Now I've got a face for the name. Funny, he says in the video he's amazed you can shoot like that with iron sights. Not near as much as me. :lol:
"Not that the story need be long, but it will take a long while to make it short." Henry David Thoreau

Ranch 13
PostsCOLON 1584
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Eastern Wy
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Ranch 13 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:35 pm

Iron nope not yet, that snover mold got here this evening, lots of lead to melt :lol: Think the next rifle we get in here is gonna be a high wall of some sort.

:D Dan we got to get you shooting this game a bit more.

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:48 am

Yards

Post by crossfireoops » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:54 pm

The "White Buffalo" is posted as being 1123 yards ( and uphill) at the 500M. line, Raton , N.M. , NRA whittington Center.

GTC 8)

BUTTON_POST_REPLY