Goex closing?

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
MC One Shot
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:51 am

Goex closing?

Post by MC One Shot » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:32 pm

Goex plant shutting down. Already a shortage of BP in North America. Schuetzen has made some comments in reference that they are assessing the situation. I have also heard that since the Goex fire in June that Schuetzen has sent containers of powder to NA. They have made comments to the fact that they will do what they can in order for us to have powder. I am going to stand on the corner of ranges rattling a cup of empty brass with a sign "Powder for the poor". I hope this is short lived and the plant restarts. Of all the suppliers I contacted yesterday none had any powder left. People bought it all up in hours.

horseman308
PostsCOLON 76
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Maryland

Re: Goex closing?

Post by horseman308 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:44 pm

I'll have to find the link, but there was an interview with one of Hodgdon's VP's talking about the decision. The short version was that this decision was likely coming anyway, fire or not, and that Hodgdon felt the need to focus its business resources on its smokeless and BP substitute products. The VP indicated there has already been some interest from buyers for the GOEX brand. I guess we'll see.

I've got enough to last me a few months at my relatively slow rate of use. I'm hopeful to see some Swiss or Schutzen available sometime within the next 6 months to fill the gap.
The only bullet you fire is the one in the chamber. Make it count.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY