Gus on a Stump

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
Brent
PostsCOLON 1713
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Gus on a Stump

Post by Brent » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:13 am

We are going to make picts of Gus on a stump a habit. I have taken quite a few over the years and added one more yesterday. Not many days left in the season and the birds are getting tough to find. We didn't miss any yesterday and came home with just one. That's enough.

Gus is not always amused with this picture stuff.

I'm not from here, I just live here.

Premod70
PostsCOLON 106
JoinedCOLON Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:25 am

Re: Gus on a Stump

Post by Premod70 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:15 am

Brings back a lot of memories, thanks for the pictures.

Kurt
PostsCOLON 665
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:05 am

Post by Kurt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:51 pm

He looks a lot like my Mike. Very loyal friend.

Brent I haven't seen a Pheasant around these parts for many years. But just yesterday 8 Does and several turkeys came through my yard.
"Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining."
Teddy Roosevelt.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1713

Post by Brent » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:23 pm

Does and turkeys eat just fine!

The last time I was in Illinois, I was picking up powder from Crater Fireworks and I saw 3 roosters down the road from him about 1/2 mile or so. It is remarkable how rare they are in Illinois however. But eventually - probably sooner than later, they will be just as rare here.

Enjoy them while I can. Tomorrow and Sunday will be the last two days. Gus and I are going big!

Brent
PostsCOLON 1713

Post by Brent » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:12 am

Yesterday's Gus on a stump photo. One more day left. We will be leaving soon.

WVsmoke
PostsCOLON 19
JoinedCOLON Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by WVsmoke » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:53 pm

Brent,
That is a fantastic day for any bird dog and hunter. Way to finish a good season with an old friend, Gus.
Allan

BUTTON_POST_REPLY