Figure of Merit and Accuracy

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
Brent
PostsCOLON 1647
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Figure of Merit and Accuracy

Post by Brent » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:36 am

Here is an EXCELLENT little video of how the English measured accuracy in their military rifles. This is infinitely better than how we currently do it by measuring group size. If you really want to quantify and compare rifles or loads or techniques (or even shooters), this will be the way to go.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/correc ... it-vs-moa/

Brent
I'm not from here, I just live here.

Kurt
PostsCOLON 654
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:05 am

Re: Figure of Merit and Accuracy

Post by Kurt » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:05 pm

Brent that is a good way. I look at the average even when I see 4-6" groups at 200. With 2" or 3" that land out the group the average can still be good.
You can still shoot 8's, 9's and 10 and get a couple 7 will still win the match with a average 3 MOA :)

BUTTON_POST_REPLY