Baby wipes

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
R-71
PostsCOLON 9
JoinedCOLON Thu May 07, 2015 7:08 pm
CONTACTCOLON

Baby wipes

Post by R-71 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:35 am

Anyone ever cut these up and used them for between shots swabbing?

They do a pretty good job, not to wet and the solution that is in them really clean the BP and lube.

They're pretty inexpensive as well, I can make 9-12 patches from a single wipe depending on the the towel size.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1583
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Re: Baby wipes

Post by Brent » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:48 am

I don't use them between shots but I often use them at the end of the day. I'll take a half a sheet and run it through on a brush a couple of times. Works well for me. They are tough too, so they don't tear in the bore.
I'm not from here, I just live here.

Oregon Bill
PostsCOLON 85
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:43 am
LocationCOLON Alamogordo, NM

Post by Oregon Bill » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:03 am

Good to know. Will add some to the kit.

Singleshot S.A.
PostsCOLON 81
JoinedCOLON Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 pm
LocationCOLON Adelaide. Sth Oz.

Post by Singleshot S.A. » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:31 am

Good to know, I wonder what's on them.

R-71
PostsCOLON 9
JoinedCOLON Thu May 07, 2015 7:08 pm
CONTACTCOLON

Post by R-71 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:51 pm

Avoid the flushable ones, I found they tear.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY