Hello

Post your projects and questions here.
Nessmuk
PostsCOLON 6
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Hello

Post by Nessmuk » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:47 am

Hello,
Name is Giles, thought I'd make introductions.
I am a gun nut, big into older stuff, Savage, Stevens, Marlin, Remington etc.
I've owned about twenty Stevens favorites and crackshots, fix then sell. I currently have a #2 Remington roller I'm playing with, plus a few or so Marlin levers. When done I should have a 25-25, 38-55 and 50-110 plus a Lyman front stuffer in BP fun.
My shop, when I finally get moved and re-set up, will have a lathe,, horizontal and vertical mills, die filer, power hack saw, buffers, sand blaster, bluing, parkerizing and ceramic coating, plus a lot of small tools end fixtures and tooling (never enough tooling).
I'm not advertising, likely a long time yet away from all that again, (no shop building).
Just thought I'd show I'm not a troll.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1696
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Re: Hello

Post by Brent » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:17 pm

Well, welcome! Glad to have you here.

Where are you located, roughly?

Brent
In Iowa.
I'm not from here, I just live here.

Nessmuk
PostsCOLON 6
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by Nessmuk » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Currently the land of the regulated guns, NY.
SOON in the corner of VA, near TN and KY.

JSU
PostsCOLON 144
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:30 pm
LocationCOLON here'n'there

Post by JSU » Thu May 21, 2020 5:15 pm

Hello--

Uke here, been missing for at least a decade, very long story, G'by Dan T/ HPGuy420. 11 years ago I retired and my spotter moved to Colorado (from HouTex), messed with my mind more than a little. I'm seriously considering firing up the lead pot and dropping some .38's for my .38-50 Rem-Hep Browning High Wall with with I shot my only Master scores, maybe I can luck-out a AA score. A few more irons in the fire, In Feb just before the lock down, I got my first ever AR and immediately realized my trigger finger was more than a bit rusty.

What I need more than ever is more trigger time, it's good to be back.

--Uke

ps: Sure hope 12 yr old Swiss 1.5 stored in an AC environment Is still good.
Life without passion is neither....

Brent
PostsCOLON 1696
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Post by Brent » Thu May 21, 2020 5:23 pm

Not only is your 12 yr old Swiss still good, it will probably be better than any you can buy today!

Good to see you are back. What's your barrel twist/maker, bullet weight and size/mould maker?

I just inherited an AR and I can tell you that they are darn hard to shoot, and the trigger is horrendous -at least on mine (a Sig Sauer M400).
I'm not from here, I just live here.

JSU
PostsCOLON 144
JoinedCOLON Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:30 pm
LocationCOLON here'n'there

Post by JSU » Thu May 21, 2020 6:07 pm

The AR is a Springfield Armory Saint Victor, Leopold 4-12 scope and a geiselle (sp?) trigger sitting on my bench.

The Browning BPCR wears a Douglas barrel, 15" twist as best I recall. More molds than I can count, a Dan T money bullet in ~420 gr was my go-to choice.

There's also the Shiloh #1 Sporter with a low 3 digit B- serial number, wearing now a Badger barrel in 40-60 Maynard.

Lot's of notes to review if I can read my writing.
Life without passion is neither....

BUTTON_POST_REPLY