2006 Rules, Dates and changes for BPCR

Here is the place for timely discussions of NRA rule changes, Whittington Center National matches, etc. Let's get these changes and concerns out in the open for all to see and discuss.
Hiwall
PostsCOLON 66
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:46 pm
LocationCOLON Central California

2006 Rules, Dates and changes for BPCR

Post by Hiwall » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:11 pm

Any and all information on dates and / or rule changes for the Whittington Center events are needed. Also for any other BPCR regional or national events.
thanks
tom patton

40-65RL
PostsCOLON 51
JoinedCOLON Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:13 am
LocationCOLON Cheyenne, Wyoming

Post by 40-65RL » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:21 am

The dates for Cowboy Lever Action 2006 is as follows

Cowboy Practice Raton, NM August 1

Cowboy Lever Action - pistol cartridge (2x40) Raton, NM August 2

Cowboy Lever Action - smallbore (2x40) Raton, NM August 3

Cowboy Lever Action-center fire - (1x40/day) Raton, NM August 4-5

If the BPCR iron sight and scope are run after these matches, as they were last year, the iron sight should be Aug 7-10 and scope 11-12. You can send an e-mail to silhouette @ NRAHQ . org (no spaces) for other info

beltfed
PostsCOLON 275
JoinedCOLON Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:02 pm
LocationCOLON WI

BPCR Target and Silh. rifle Front Sight Legality Questions:

Post by beltfed » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:15 pm

First of all I realize I could be asking this of the NRA Rules committee
or the ASSRA.
But previously had trouble getting any answers.
So can anyone out there help me:

Is there a size limit to hooded/globe front sights?
Diameter
length.

What is the OD and ID of the (frequently used and accepted) Baldwin front sight.

Can a person legally use a Redfield BB or a Mid Thompkins or a Tiger globe front sight for BPCR Target or Silh.?
This is assuming that conventional inserts be used. (I realize that diopter front apertures would not be allowed for sure.)

I do recognize that the larger dia globes may in fact be some disadvantage for long range as the center of aperture will be higher than say the 17A.

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:48 am

Front sight question

Post by crossfireoops » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:23 am

:?: "What is the OD and ID of the (frequently used and accepted) Baldwin front sight."

OD is .625" ( cylindrical "body")

ID is .486" ( on this one, anyway)

OAL is 1.250"

Shortstake sent me some recent poop, from NRA HQ, on this subject, and now I can't find it.

Hey Shortstake, could you post that poop , if you can find it?

Regards, work safe GTC 8)

ShortStake
PostsCOLON 24
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:16 pm

Front Sight legality

Post by ShortStake » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:43 am

Gents and Madams,

As crossfire intimated, I have a written response from the NRA Silhouette committee that approves the use of the Lyman 20 Globe Front Sight in BPCR Silhouette and Target Rifle Matches.

The Lyman 20MJT is equippped with a 3/8" dovetail and is .810" OD/.595 ID. The Lyman 20MJT Globe Sight inserts interchange with Anshutz and are .670 diameter.

Unlike Lyman 17 series Globe Front Sights the Lyman 20 globe sight inserts CANNOT be inverted. The Lyman 20 inserts have two index tabs immediately above and to the left and right of the horizontal plane. One tab is .017 thick and the other is .117 thick, which eliminated any sight picture inverting. The reason for pointing out the lack of inversion capabilities is that the Lyman 17 series front disc inserts as installed on my Browning 1885 BPCR are always inverted. This precludes the front sight insert covering up the intended target and instead open air space is always visible under the target. My eyes seem to prefer this sight picture.

ShortStake,
From The Land of Enchantment, Deming, New Mexico, Interstate 10, midway between El Paso, Texas, and Tucson, Arizona.

beltfed
PostsCOLON 275
JoinedCOLON Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:02 pm
LocationCOLON WI

Re. Front sights legality

Post by beltfed » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:25 pm

Shortstake, thanks for the info re the Lyman 20MJT and the dimensions.
Reason I am asking about the Redfield f BB Globe, and the similar sized Tiger, Tompkins etc which have internal spirit level is that I have a couple of these items left over from my days of Hi Power and it would be economical for me to be able to use them on a couple of my BPCR guns
which do have the detachable type bases for frt sight and for Unertl scope.
I am currently using a clamp on Redfield #66 globe.

beltfed/Arnie

Hiwall
PostsCOLON 66
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:46 pm
LocationCOLON Central California

Rules from the NRA for 2006

Post by Hiwall » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:03 am

Today, Janurary 11th, the rule changes for BPCR and other NRA silhouette programs has been posted. See the NRA web site or go to:

www.nrahq.org/compete/rulechanges.asp

Hiwall

ricochet
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 132
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:20 am
LocationCOLON Northern Colorado

2006 NRA Rule Changes

Post by ricochet » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:09 pm

The new 2006 rule changes are also posted to www.BPCR.net.

ricochet
Colorado
=======

BUTTON_POST_REPLY