Breaking Ties - Silhouette

Here is the place for timely discussions of NRA rule changes, Whittington Center National matches, etc. Let's get these changes and concerns out in the open for all to see and discuss.
Jubilado
PostsCOLON 105
JoinedCOLON Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:17 pm

Breaking Ties - Silhouette

Post by Jubilado » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:51 am

How is the rule interpreted when a AAA shooter and an A shooter are tied for match winner? Which target is used for the shoot-off?

The rule book doesn't appear to address that, seems to assume that anyone in that situation will be AAA or Master.

It happened to me a year ago. I was the A shooter, and I finally said "Heck, let's just shoot the chickens". I won, and it sure felt good! Since I shot a AAA score, I was immediately classified AA. I think I got a couple of "sandbagger" looks, but in truth I just had an incredibly lucky day.

Paul

Kelley O. Roos
PostsCOLON 944
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Post by Kelley O. Roos » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Match winner is shot on chickens, no matter the shooter classification.

A is shot off on Pigs. AA is on Rams, If I remember corretly.

"Sandbagger looks" Tough on them. :wink:

Kelley O.

Jubilado
PostsCOLON 105
JoinedCOLON Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:17 pm

Post by Jubilado » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:26 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Kelley.

I have to say, it was fun. My son and I were the unknowns from out of state. The guy I tied with had Raton stickers all over his gear, and I could see that he and his spotter figured that this old fart A shooter would be easy pickins.

I got four chickens in that match and five the next day. I can't remember if I got 2/5 or 3/5 in the shoot-off. Ended up with a 29. Those birds just sat there in the aperture and let me pull the trigger. I've never had that happen before, and probably never will again. I wish I could remember what I had for breakfast that day.

Paul

John Boy

Post by John Boy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:07 pm

I wish I could remember what I had for breakfast that day
Paul - your breakfast had nothing to do with it -
COMPETITIVE SHOOTING IS 98% MENTAL, 2 % PHYSICAL AND 100% SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY