vendors allowed?

Here is the place for timely discussions of NRA rule changes, Whittington Center National matches, etc. Let's get these changes and concerns out in the open for all to see and discuss.
spurdude
PostsCOLON 123
JoinedCOLON Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:01 pm
LocationCOLON Bailey, Co.
CONTACTCOLON

vendors allowed?

Post by spurdude » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:53 am

I was wondering, since I've never been down to the center. during any of these shoots, is there a vendors area for merchants to sell their related wares? how about other shooting events in other places?

Michael Rix
PostsCOLON 61
JoinedCOLON Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:37 am
LocationCOLON Western Colorado

Post by Michael Rix » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:33 pm

Yep, they have venders. Contact the center. Good luck and I hope you go.

ricochet
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 132
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:20 am
LocationCOLON Northern Colorado

trying to get a spot in vendor's row

Post by ricochet » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:32 am

I tried for two years to get a vendor's booth reserved for "BPCR.net" in vendor's row at Whittington Center during the National shoot. (I did not try this year, as other pressures looked as if they would keep me from attending.)

When I asked, this is what I was told happens regarding available vendor's booths during the BPCR Nationals: Those companies that have a vendor booth at each year's BPCR Nationals are asked if they want to have a booth in vendor's row for the following year's BPCR Nationals. If they say "yes" at that time, their vendor spot locations are guaranteed for the following year, too.

That process has the effect of preventing new vendors from showing their wares at the national shoot.

I think that the vendor's booth locations ought to be opened up for each year's matches just like reservations for the Whittington Center on-site cabins are. At a certain date, early in the year, reservations would be taken on a first come, first served, basis.

Even that process may not be the most fair, but at least, then, all interested parties have the same chance at getting one of the limited number of vendor booths that are available during the BPCR Nationals.

Maj. Forrest Smith
PostsCOLON 125
JoinedCOLON Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:39 am
LocationCOLON Stillwater, OK

Re: vendors allowed?

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:55 pm

There has been a lot of room on Vendor's row the last few years during the BPCR Scope and Iron Silhouette matches. Just come and set up, I am sure they will find how to charge you at the time, lol.

Brent
PostsCOLON 1678
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:12 pm
LocationCOLON the most boring real estate west of Illinois

Post by Brent » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Yes, the vendor sheds at the silhouette range are never filled. Not even close. At the 50-100m silhouette range there really isn't any room for vendors, and there is only limited room at the 50-200m silhouette range. However, the tshirt people set up down on the end of the canopy and have always done good business. At the high power (Creedmoor) range, there is plenty of parking lot up around the Eagle's Nest building and the parking area up there.
I'm not from here, I just live here.

JIMOFATL
PostsCOLON 79
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:44 pm
LocationCOLON Georgia

Post by JIMOFATL » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Contact Josh Adams at:
jadams@nrawc.org
or
(575) 445-3615

There should be no problem........................

BUTTON_POST_REPLY