2007 The N.R.A. National and Regional Programs

Here is the place for timely discussions of NRA rule changes, Whittington Center National matches, etc. Let's get these changes and concerns out in the open for all to see and discuss.
Hiwall
PostsCOLON 66
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:46 pm
LocationCOLON Central California

2007 The N.R.A. National and Regional Programs

Post by Hiwall » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:21 pm

Posted on time!

The dates and rule changes for all major N.R.A. events are available on the N.R.A. website.

Well Done.

Hiwall
tom patton

ricochet
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 132
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:20 am
LocationCOLON Northern Colorado

2007 NRA Competition Rule Changes

Post by ricochet » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:51 am

2007 Rule Changes
Rule changes effective in 2007 are now available at:
http://www.nrahq.org/compete/rulechanges.asp

ricochet
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 132

This observation from Staub on the new rules:

Post by ricochet » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:56 am

++++++++++++
January 2, 2007
Mr. Howard G. Staub
shortstake@swnm.com

Dear Mr. Staub:

The NRA Silhouette Committee met at NRA Headquarters on October 28-29, 2006. Your e-mail of November 11, 2005 was discussed. Silhouette is the only event, other than team matches, that has a spotter/coach as part of the individual firing. The use of a scope by the firing member of the team has not been addressed in the rulebook, but it has been an accepted method used since Silhouette competition started. Therefore, the use of a scope by the firing member is allowed.

I thank you for your interest in helping improve the sport of Silhouette shooting.

Sincerely,

Gregory Connor
Secretary
Silhouette Department
+++++++++++++++++

The original question posed to the NRA Silhouette committee was whether or not an NRA BPCR Silhouette shooter could utilize a spotting scope when the spotter also utilizes a spotting scope.

Note: The NRA Black Powder Target Rules, paragraph 3.8 specifically allows the shooter to utilize a spotting scope.

The question posed was the distinction between written NRA Black Target Rules and the NRA Rifle Silhouette (BPCR) rules as to the use of a spotting scope by the shooter.

The reason for above posed question is the manner in which the NRA Rifle Silhouette (BPCR) rules, paragraph 3.18 EQUIPMENT - GENERAL is written "...all devices or equipment which may facilitate shooting and which are NOT (my emphasis) mentioned in these Rules, or which are contrary to the spirit of these Rules and Regulation are FORBIDDEN (my emphasis)"i.e., spotting scopes.

The answer supplied by Gregory Connor, NRA Secretary, Silhouette Committee, countermands what is written in NRA Rifle Silhouette Rules, paragraph 3.18.

Staub[/b]

ricochet
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 132

An earlier reply from NRAHQ on spotting scopes:

Post by ricochet » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:03 am

Note the DATE of this response on the same subject...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 7:59 AM
To: Howard G. Staub
Subject: RE: FROM STAUB... Question pertinent to NRA Rifle Silhouette Rules

Hello Mr. Staub,

Spotting Scopre use does not fall under 3.18. A spotting scope can be used by both the spotter and coach. As this is not addressed in the Rule Book i will submit it at the next Silouette Committe Meeting.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hiwall
PostsCOLON 66
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:46 pm
LocationCOLON Central California

Post by Hiwall » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:11 pm

Almost all of the new rule books are now available from the NRA or from the NRA website. They can be downloaded. Some additions are made to the Silhouette Rifle book regarding BPCR.

Hiwall
tom patton

BUTTON_POST_REPLY