HELP, with finding a part

TYRVR
PostsCOLON 172
JoinedCOLON Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:09 pm
LocationCOLON Shenandoah Valley of Virginia,

Links

Post by TYRVR » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:30 am

Blaine, the other gentleman here said the links I have won't work on his 416 model, so.....I'm not knowledgeable about THAT particular model ....but it works on the 44 1/2 s I have tried, but who knows......I know that there are subtle differences in the Stevens actions but I am far too old and forgetful to recall which is what! If you want a link for a center fire 44 1/2 I'll see if I still have any ...if so, it is yours.
"Member #3, Brought Enough Gun Club"

Blaine Harmon
PostsCOLON 9
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by Blaine Harmon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:03 am

Tyrvr,

Thanks for responding. Yes, I would like to give one of the links a shot. I'll try to pm you with my contact info.

Thanks again,
Blaine Harmon

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:48 am

Missing link

Post by crossfireoops » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:22 am

Blaine, if Ty can't find any more in his bin................I can shoot the one he sent to me over your way, if you like.

Lemme know.

GTC 8)

Kelley O. Roos
PostsCOLON 944
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Post by Kelley O. Roos » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:49 pm

Just so you two pirates know, I know Blaine and he's OK kid, new kid on the block and BPCR.

Kelley O.

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767

Missing link

Post by crossfireoops » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:07 pm

AARRGGhhhh , matey, yest so's ye be knowin', Capt TY sent this part over to me for free, and I was jest thinkin' to pass it on, as such.

No plunderin' anticipated.

AAAAARRRRGGGGghhhhhhh ! :lol:

GTC 8)

Blaine Harmon
PostsCOLON 9

Post by Blaine Harmon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:30 pm

Crossfire,

Thank you for the offer, but if I haven't misread the earlier posts I don't think the link you have will work for my rifle. I think you have a rim fire version and I need a center fire for my 40-65. All the same, I appreciate the offer.

Tyrvr,

I've sent you a pm with my contact info. If for some reason it didn't make it to you let me know, and I'll pass along my email here.

Kelly,

I hope the last match won't be the last time I see you in Avenal for a while. My list of questions for you is only getting longer. I guess I'll have to post some of them in the "bullet size" thread.

Thanks,
Blaine Harmon

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767

Missing link

Post by crossfireoops » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:32 am

I'm trying to get something (original design ) that works in a 414 "arsenal" 44 ............it's the basic 44 action, and original.

I will, as time allows break down my CPA 44 1/2 and see whether The one Ty sent.... will work in that one...........the link geometry will be a constant, whether running the RF breech block, or the CF block............I've got both.

The 44 is a horse of a different color, when compared to the 44 1/2.

GTC 8)

Blaine Harmon
PostsCOLON 9

Post by Blaine Harmon » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:04 pm

Tyrvr,

I'm going to assume that my attempts to send you my contact info by pm have been unsucessful. So, since I'm still interested in aquiring one of the links you have, you can reach me through blaine_h@comcast.net. Just let me know your terms.

Crossfire,

I'm tempted to take you up on your generous offer, but it sounds like you may also have use for the link you have. If not, feel free to use the email address above and we can work something out.

Thanks,
Blaine Harmon

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767

Saga Continues

Post by crossfireoops » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:28 pm

Well, the saga continues :roll: .................I fitted the link that TYRVR sent over in that 414 / 44.....................it is the standard link, leaving the hammer on the half cock, on closing the action.

The link that's in the 414..........the one it came with is different, and looks as though it should be reversible...................but believe me, it ain't. Perhaps with a mod to the lever, for clearance....................but I'm going to chase down an original, if at all possible. Any of Ya'll keep can lookin' and askin', maybe we'll score...................and it IS a rare variant, and someone out there has one, but doesn't know it.

As far as the CPA 44 1/2 goes, I think I'll go ahead and tweak a factory link with some TIG weld , and see what that yeilds. Would not recomend this mod for anything but a target rifle..................and you damn sure don't want a goofball setting the triggers, and than cycling the action.......a real wreck could ensue.

The reline job is shooting well, and early this AM , shot some 200M buffalo, with a nice Unertl " Small game" scope mounted, in a Lyman 5A" Cataract rear mount...........nice setup ..........I better admit that my iron sight days are drawing to a close..................the Braille vernier project is dead in the water, and I keep misplacing my white cane.

GTC 8)

BUTTON_POST_REPLY