HELP, with finding a part

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:48 am

HELP, with finding a part

Post by crossfireoops » Wed May 24, 2006 9:07 pm

To avoid confusion I'll just quote our esteemed Frank DeHaas..........

"In some rifles made on the 44 action the link was so made that it could be installed to either place the hammer in the "safe" position on opening the action, or if turned over it would place the hammer in the full cock position when action was opened."

.................pp 114, "Single Shot Rifles and Actions"

Frank DeHaas, 1969

Been looking high low and intermediate. Fasted , prayed, sacrificed a chicken, etc. etc.

Yes, before you ask, I've consulted with the gurus, and oracles, too.

Anyone in care / custody of one of these links, a drawing, tracing,
or loan of the part to draw / blueprint..........

Reward offered, Dead, or alive.

This was apparently a variant specific to target rigs, ......but that is only surmise, on my part. Damned hard part,..................................... to find out much about.

that's a fact.

Best regards, and thanks, GTC 8)

TYRVR
PostsCOLON 172
JoinedCOLON Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:09 pm
LocationCOLON Shenandoah Valley of Virginia,

I have a small envelope..

Post by TYRVR » Wed May 24, 2006 10:36 pm

That contains some Stevens links.......if I can remember tomorrow I'll check them out.......I made them up years ago for some forgotten reason, but seen them a few days back.
"Member #3, Brought Enough Gun Club"

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767

Missing link

Post by crossfireoops » Thu May 25, 2006 10:12 am

..........Really appreciate your lookin'

The standard link LOOKS as though one could get a longer stroke against the hammer, and I've played with that, to no avail.

I really don't want to be forcing, binding, or springing the existing action and it's internals in the proccess of developing the geometry of the "fullcock link"..............it's a really nice action.

I guess if all else fails, I'll build a jig to swing the internals on.........wish I had a cutaway action to play with. I've got one, a Rem. Roller, and it's a hot set up for trigger tuning, extractor timing, and such.

Best Regards, GTC 8)

Kelley O. Roos
PostsCOLON 944
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Post by Kelley O. Roos » Thu May 25, 2006 2:37 pm

OOPSE,

I was looking closely at the front sight you make in the SSE, looks like a cool unit from the picture. You selling them? If so, price please.

Kelley O.

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767

Globe sights

Post by crossfireoops » Thu May 25, 2006 5:47 pm

K.O.

check 'yer PMs.

GTC

TYRVR
PostsCOLON 172

I'm a-lookin!

Post by TYRVR » Sat May 27, 2006 6:09 am

I seem to recall making these links for conversion of Centre Fire to RimFire or vise/verse.......I'll root them out today.....do you have a photo or other rendition? as I have gazillions of old parts that I did not know or have forgot what they are for and fit.

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767

Missing link

Post by crossfireoops » Sat May 27, 2006 9:20 am

............."do you have a photo or other rendition? "

Well that's just it, I've got the standard halfcock link,..... and DeHaas's drawings of same. Have nothing whatsoever , as regards the other.

So I guess all we know is that the "Reversible" link is going to look different than the standard one.

Thanks for the support.

GTC 8)

TYRVR
PostsCOLON 172

Stevens Part

Post by TYRVR » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:26 pm

O.K. I found a sack full, I'll need to know the distance between the holes on your "link" so I wont send a rimfire by mistake, tell me where to send it.............

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767

The missing link

Post by crossfireoops » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:18 pm

I've got the rifle rigged out, and dialed in, to shoot a Buffalo League match, Saturday...............if we can see the targets for fire smoke in the air..............
Will strip it down Sun. and report.
Are the links you found the " Half cock, full cock" pattern?

thanks, GTC 8)

TYRVR
PostsCOLON 172

No Rush,

Post by TYRVR » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:45 pm

I have about ten in a brown envelope, some factory, some I made back many years gone, I know what you need but ....there are two different lengths.......one for central fire ...one for rimmed fire, the shorter of the two is for rimmed fire.

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767

AHA..............

Post by crossfireoops » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:15 pm

AHA !, and GADZOOKS, thrown in for good measure.

................sorry for the density, I've been smoking a lot, over the last week.............And I don't smoke.........kinda reelin' around in a dense fog out here........brushfires all over.

This is a rimfire, .22LR, a 414 "arsenal model", so I reckon the " short" links is what's called for.

Will PM, double quick.

...............and thanks, again, GTC 8)

TYRVR
PostsCOLON 172

"Missing Link'

Post by TYRVR » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:09 pm

...went out by mail this A.M.

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767

Missing link

Post by crossfireoops » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:13 pm

Abundant thanks , for the support............this will be a good pattern to record, for posterior....no, what I meant to say was posterity.

I know Greg Pinnel is up for a coupla these...........anyone else interested....sing out.

once profile is established, I reckon I'll crank out a bunch, and those needing to try this wrinkle are more than welcome.

GTC 8)

TYRVR
PostsCOLON 172

WHOA!

Post by TYRVR » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:16 pm

....before you get all gushy/giddy....try it first, might not be the right piece for a 44 Stevens, I recall these I made were for 44 1/2......ain't sure they are the same, the one I sent is an original I used to make copies.

Blaine Harmon
PostsCOLON 9
JoinedCOLON Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by Blaine Harmon » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:15 am

Tyrvr,

I hope you haven't been deluged with requests for the links you are referring to here, but I would like to aquire one for my own use. I have a CPA Stephens 44 1/2 in 40-65. I tried to send you a pm, but apparently it didn't go through. Let me know your terms.

Thanks,
Blaine Harmon

BUTTON_POST_REPLY